Thread started 23 Oct 2008 (Thursday) 09:18   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

tjmaroney
Joined Oct 2006
207 posts
Ottawa, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi folks,

I've been asked by a family friend to create a family photo this weekend (gotta love the short notice). There will be 9 children (all under 9) and 10 adults. I've already given them some direction with regards to location and clothing, but i'm at a loss for some really fun and creative large group posing ideas. The intention is to have the two grandparents as the primary focus in the resultant image. They've also requested shots of the grandparents with each sub-family group of kids. Any idea or samples you could provide would be immensely appreciated! We'll be shooting outdoors (natural light), and right now i'm planning on using either my Sigma 30mm or Tamron 28-75 (at the wide end). I should have ample depth of focus stopped down to around 5.6 with either lens at 28 or 30mm. Let's see some really creative ideas, if possible. :D

Also, any ideas to get everyone looking in the same direction at the same time, and kids smiling? I'll be by myself shooting this one, but will likely use my tripod and remote shutter release in order to be able to better interact with my subjects (that's the theory - we'll see how it works out).

any suggestions? thanks folks. VERY much appreciated.

cheers,

T.J.

Post #1, Oct 23, 2008 09:18:16

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

LIST NEARBY THREADS
3,292 views & 0 likes for this thread
need ideas for very large family picture
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Kids & Family Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES