FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Wildlife Talk
Thread started 28 Oct 2008 (Tuesday) 07:39   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

DBrooker
Hatchling
Joined Oct 2008
6 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I just got a PowerShot SX10 IS - I want to shoot photos of the deer and turkeys in my back yard - Can anyone recommend a good setting(s)? I now have it on "Sports" - Most all photos will will be shot during daylight hours and I prefer the view finder and not the LCD screen - I would like to keep it simple - Any and all comments and suggestions are welcomed - Best regards from the woods of south-central Iowa - DB

Post #1, Oct 28, 2008 07:39:58

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
gasrocks
Cream of the Crop
Joined Mar 2005
13,431 posts
Portage, Wisconsin USA
[MORE/SHARE]

I assume you are after Deer standing still not running. SInce the camera does have IS and the Deer are not moving much, "Sports" mode may not be the best. Simple P (for program) mode might work fine. Your bigger problem is going to be getting the exposure right. Read up on Exposure Compensation. Good luck from WIsconsin. I should add where there are probably more Deer and Turkeys.

Post #2, Oct 30, 2008 09:08:12

GEAR LIST

DBrooker
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined Oct 2008
6 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Gasrocks - Thanks for the comments - I'll try the setting you suggested and work on the exposures - As far as the deer and turkeys I've got more than enough in my back yard, many times within 30-40 yards of the back door - Hope the same is for you - Best regards - DB

Post #3, Oct 31, 2008 08:13:20 as a reply to gasrocks's post 23 hours earlier.

dsat
Joined Mar 2009
23 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I seem to have a problem with the contrast settings... the photo's once downloaded look dull and washed out, even though they appear clear on the LCD display. I've mostly shot on auto, though i've tried program with vivid colours as the settings. Is this a problem?? or do i need to change some settings? i've changed the i-contrast to On.

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
http://photography-on-the.net .../images/buttons/quo​te.gifexternal link
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'text/html'

Post #4, Mar 31, 2009 04:17:14 as a reply to DBrooker's post 5 months earlier.

LIST NEARBY THREADS
4,807 views & 0 likes for this thread
Settings for PowerShot SX10 IS?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Wildlife Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES