Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > Wildlife Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th of October 2008 (Tue)   #1
DBrooker

Default Settings for PowerShot SX10 IS?

I just got a PowerShot SX10 IS - I want to shoot photos of the deer and turkeys in my back yard - Can anyone recommend a good setting(s)? I now have it on "Sports" - Most all photos will will be shot during daylight hours and I prefer the view finder and not the LCD screen - I would like to keep it simple - Any and all comments and suggestions are welcomed - Best regards from the woods of south-central Iowa - DB
DBrooker is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 30th of October 2008 (Thu)   #2
gasrocks
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: Settings for PowerShot SX10 IS?

I assume you are after Deer standing still not running. SInce the camera does have IS and the Deer are not moving much, "Sports" mode may not be the best. Simple P (for program) mode might work fine. Your bigger problem is going to be getting the exposure right. Read up on Exposure Compensation. Good luck from WIsconsin. I should add where there are probably more Deer and Turkeys.
Old 31st of October 2008 (Fri)   #3
DBrooker

Gasrocks - Thanks for the comments - I'll try the setting you suggested and work on the exposures - As far as the deer and turkeys I've got more than enough in my back yard, many times within 30-40 yards of the back door - Hope the same is for you - Best regards - DB
DBrooker is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 31st of March 2009 (Tue)   #4
dsat

I seem to have a problem with the contrast settings... the photo's once downloaded look dull and washed out, even though they appear clear on the LCD display. I've mostly shot on auto, though i've tried program with vivid colours as the settings. Is this a problem?? or do i need to change some settings? i've changed the i-contrast to On.

dsat is offline   Reply With Quote