Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > Glamour & Nude Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31st of October 2008 (Fri)   #1
symes
Goldmember

Default I've got a theme now I need an idea for poses...

Folks,

I bought my beautiful girlfriend a blue thong that says "text me" on them and since we are in a long distance relationship, it is particularly appropriate. She has finally agreed to let me take photographs of her with this concept in mind...

I would like your input on how to flesh out this theme...

I'm think on a bed lying down and on the couch...perhaps a shirt on with them or maybe even a big sweater, maybe nothing at all up top (but I'm not sure she's worked up the courage for that yet).

In any event, suggestions for lighting, poses, and what kindof top etc... would be great!

Thanks,
symes is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 1st of November 2008 (Sat)   #2
woodsters

Default Re: I've got a theme now I need an idea for poses...

A button up shirt slightly unbuttoned at the bottom and the top...I like the couch or bed thing...or perhaps and overstuffed chair sitting sideways with legs hanging over...don't forget the phone!
Old 1st of November 2008 (Sat)   #3
Dennis_Hammer

Here's something you may want to try it has no actual nudity. Standing in a doorway hip pushed to one side opposite shoulder to the other (doesn't mean stretch across the doorway) text thong on nothng else. Back to the camera and a cell phone tucked somewhere in the waist band. The doorway will make a nice frame and the lighting possibilities are abundant. You can showcase her curves, over all body or anything else actually. Good Luck show us your results.
Dennis_Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 1st of November 2008 (Sat)   #4
Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin

I like the idea of having her draped across a sofa or chair..head hanging off the arm or something..your vanatge point would be from her toes upwards? Then head down to toes...I can see it but am not doing a very competent job of explaining it.lol..
Old 2nd of November 2008 (Sun)   #5
symes
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
I like the idea of having her draped across a sofa or chair..head hanging off the arm or something..your vanatge point would be from her toes upwards? Then head down to toes...I can see it but am not doing a very competent job of explaining it.lol..
I like where you're going with this...perhaps you can draw me a diagram...
symes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd of November 2008 (Mon)   #6
SwingBopper
Goldmember

It would be nice to see the thong. Is the wording along the band in front or on the covering part (don't know the correct term for this)? I assume the latter. Flo's idea sounds interesting but you'd be fighting distortion shooting from the toes up along her legs to the target. I think you'll need a frontal; maybe with her butt leaning against a wall and holding a laptop or cell phone with a slightly peeved look on her face. The laptop can conceal her otherwise nude breast. You could shoot from a somewhat low angle about level with the target.

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." A. Hamilton

Last edited by SwingBopper : 3rd of November 2008 (Mon) at 05:51. Reason: spelling
SwingBopper is offline   Reply With Quote