I've got a theme now I need an idea for poses...

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk
Thread started 31 Oct 2008 (Friday) 19:31   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

symes
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2005
3,372 posts
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

Folks,

I bought my beautiful girlfriend a blue thong that says "text me" on them and since we are in a long distance relationship, it is particularly appropriate. She has finally agreed to let me take photographs of her with this concept in mind...

I would like your input on how to flesh out this theme...

I'm think on a bed lying down and on the couch...perhaps a shirt on with them or maybe even a big sweater, maybe nothing at all up top (but I'm not sure she's worked up the courage for that yet).

In any event, suggestions for lighting, poses, and what kindof top etc... would be great!

Thanks,

Post #1, Oct 31, 2008 19:31:57

Symes
Symplicity Photographyexternal link Symplicity Glamourexternal link
5D Mark II; 1D Mark II; 17-40L; 24-70 2.8L; 70-200 IS 2.8L

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
woodsters
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2006
1,896 posts
Charlotte, NC
[MORE/SHARE]

A button up shirt slightly unbuttoned at the bottom and the top...I like the couch or bed thing...or perhaps and overstuffed chair sitting sideways with legs hanging over...don't forget the phone!

Post #2, Nov 01, 2008 09:05:52

www.brianwoodphotograp​hy.comexternal link

Dennis_Hammer
Joined Nov 2007
820 posts
Connecticut, USA
[MORE/SHARE]

Here's something you may want to try it has no actual nudity. Standing in a doorway hip pushed to one side opposite shoulder to the other (doesn't mean stretch across the doorway) text thong on nothng else. Back to the camera and a cell phone tucked somewhere in the waist band. The doorway will make a nice frame and the lighting possibilities are abundant. You can showcase her curves, over all body or anything else actually. Good Luck show us your results.

Post #3, Nov 01, 2008 09:10:46

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
Joined Jul 2007
44,987 posts
Nanaimo,B.C.
[MORE/SHARE]

I like the idea of having her draped across a sofa or chair..head hanging off the arm or something..your vanatge point would be from her toes upwards? Then head down to toes...I can see it but am not doing a very competent job of explaining it.lol..

Post #4, Nov 01, 2008 15:15:51 as a reply to Dennis_Hammer's post 6 hours earlier.

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

symes
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2005
3,372 posts
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

Flo wrote in post #6604272external link
I like the idea of having her draped across a sofa or chair..head hanging off the arm or something..your vanatge point would be from her toes upwards? Then head down to toes...I can see it but am not doing a very competent job of explaining it.lol..

I like where you're going with this...perhaps you can draw me a diagram... ;)

Post #5, Nov 02, 2008 01:53:44

Symes
Symplicity Photographyexternal link Symplicity Glamourexternal link
5D Mark II; 1D Mark II; 17-40L; 24-70 2.8L; 70-200 IS 2.8L

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
SwingBopper
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2007
2,664 posts
Japan
[MORE/SHARE]

It would be nice to see the thong. Is the wording along the band in front or on the covering part (don't know the correct term for this)? I assume the latter. Flo's idea sounds interesting but you'd be fighting distortion shooting from the toes up along her legs to the target. I think you'll need a frontal; maybe with her butt leaning against a wall and holding a laptop or cell phone with a slightly peeved look on her face. The laptop can conceal her otherwise nude breast. You could shoot from a somewhat low angle about level with the target.

Post #6, Nov 03, 2008 05:51:12

EOS 5D II, 40D, Sony R1, Olympus 1030, Canon S5-IS.
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." A. Hamilton

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,466 views & 0 likes for this thread
I've got a theme now I need an idea for poses...
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES