Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 01 Nov 2008 (Saturday) 20:57
Search threadPrev/next

Model Mayhem

Zigot
601 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Nov 06, 2011 10:51 |  #706

I am brand new on MM and want to try it out.
Add me and I will add back. Thx

http://www.modelmayhem​.com/imageryca (external link)

7D, 5Dii, 5Diii, 70-300L, 24-105L 70-200Lii, 135L, 85, Tammy 150-600, 430EXii, 550EX, 580EXii, Σ50, Σ105 Macro, Σ150 Macro, ΣEM-140, Σ1.4x, LensBaby 3G, White lightnings, Bowens. Gear - feedbacks

helloagain36
Goldmember
1,490 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Nov 06, 2011 20:51 as a reply to  @ Zigot's post |  #707

Just emailed a model to confirm our shoot tomorrow and got a response that she used her boyfriends laundry detergent and broke out in a crazy rash.

Definitely the first time I've heard that one...In her defense, I have shot with her numerous times in the past and all have been great professional experiences...so I do think it is a legitimate excuse...but just an amusing one.

-Dave

Tanya ­ De ­ Leeuw
Goldmember
4,260 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Nov 17, 2011 13:29 as a reply to  @ helloagain36's post |  #708

I've just joined MM ... only recently even considered shooting beauty/fashion type stuff ...

Don't know if it'll work for me ... no-one on MM less than 100mi away! One of the drawbacks of living in the sticks.

Anyway, I'd like to make some contacts so drop by if you're up to it:

http://www.modelmayhem​.com/2443381 (external link)

Thanks!

Tanya De Leeuw
Facebook (external link) - Smugmug (external link) - Blog (external link)
Constructive comments are most appreciated!
Now: 1D Mark IV, 7D + 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L

mdvaden
Goldmember
2,196 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Nov 17, 2011 16:35 |  #709

Tanya De Leeuw wrote in post #13413739 (external link)
I've just joined MM ... only recently even considered shooting beauty/fashion type stuff ...

Don't know if it'll work for me ... no-one on MM less than 100mi away! One of the drawbacks of living in the sticks.

Anyway, I'd like to make some contacts so drop by if you're up to it:

http://www.modelmayhem​.com/2443381 (external link)

Thanks!

I don't know where you are in the valley, but Wikipedia says Golden is near the Columbia Valley listed for your location. I entered Golden, B.C., Canada and set a 100 mile radius, and it showed two models right in Golden. One logged in today, and the other a few weeks ago.

vadenphotography.com (external link) . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Page (external link)

Tanya ­ De ­ Leeuw
Goldmember
4,260 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Nov 17, 2011 19:00 |  #710

mdvaden wrote in post #13414586 (external link)
I don't know where you are in the valley, but Wikipedia says Golden is near the Columbia Valley listed for your location. I entered Golden, B.C., Canada and set a 100 mile radius, and it showed two models right in Golden. One logged in today, and the other a few weeks ago.

Golden is 90 mins drive from me ... that and Cranbrook/Kimberley, also 90 mins drive ... are the closest contacts to me ...

Tanya De Leeuw
Facebook (external link) - Smugmug (external link) - Blog (external link)
Constructive comments are most appreciated!
Now: 1D Mark IV, 7D + 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L

MVS ­ photography
26 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Nov 20, 2011 20:59 |  #711

H8Monday wrote in post #6615000 (external link)
I'm on there as well.

http://www.modelmayhem​.com/credaroliimages (external link)

H8Monday, I am somewhat new to POTN and would like to join Models Mayhem. See that you are a member, so hoping you can answer a couple of questions.
How do I perpare my photos for MM. ie: sizing, protection of copywright, etc. I guess I am asking your workflow when putting photos on MM. I use Adobe CS4 to edit my photos. Open to any advise you will to offer. Thankfully, MVS Photography.

Canon 5DMK2 & 40D; 70-200L f4; 24-70L f2.8; 24-105L f4 IS

Ledrak
266 posts
Joined May 2007

Nov 27, 2011 09:40 as a reply to  @ MVS photography's post |  #712

Another reason why I can't stand Model Mayhem. I was browsing again... I know, I keep thinking maybe I'm gonna give this thing a shot :rolleyes:

Anyways, as I'm looking up potential models, I kid you not... I'm reading this chicks profile and she blatently states "I don't take bookings from this site". Are these girls f-ing serious? If you don't take bookings from the site then why are you on there? It never ceases to amaze me some of the moronic things models will write. :rolleyes:

mdvaden
Goldmember
2,196 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Nov 27, 2011 10:11 |  #713

Ledrak wrote in post #13457406 (external link)
Another reason why I can't stand Model Mayhem. I was browsing again... I know, I keep thinking maybe I'm gonna give this thing a shot :rolleyes:

Anyways, as I'm looking up potential models, I kid you not... I'm reading this chicks profile and she blatently states "I don't take bookings from this site". Are these girls f-ing serious? If you don't take bookings from the site then why are you on there? It never ceases to amaze me some of the moronic things models will write. :rolleyes:

Probably not much worse than ads on TV saying "our food is the best" or a myriad of other stuff. Say, the insurance ads in the sterile white room, where one customer is a competing insurance company's agent. Maybe in MM it's because there's so many profiles coming our way in such a short span of time. One thing I like though, is watching some profiles morph over time and seeing which direction a model's head might be leaning.

vadenphotography.com (external link) . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Page (external link)

PosNeg
351 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Nov 27, 2011 10:51 |  #714

MVS photography wrote in post #13428438 (external link)
H8Monday, I am somewhat new to POTN and would like to join Models Mayhem. See that you are a member, so hoping you can answer a couple of questions.
How do I perpare my photos for MM. ie: sizing, protection of copywright, etc. I guess I am asking your workflow when putting photos on MM. I use Adobe CS4 to edit my photos. Open to any advise you will to offer. Thankfully, MVS Photography.

Just make your images 72DPI with an average height of around 650 pixels and an average width for the horizontal images around 750 pixels and you'll be able to upload jpgs just fine

David M. Blecman
Positive Negatives
Annapolis, MD
http://www.posneg.com (external link)
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY UPCOMING WORKSHOPS

Moose408
869 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jan 2006

Nov 27, 2011 15:16 |  #715

Ledrak wrote in post #13457406 (external link)

It's unfair to single out models. Photographers on MM will also often write stupid things. And it's not just MM, just look at some of the posts here on POTN.

Everyone has their own perspective and reasons for doing things. I try not to judge.

Canon 5DmkII | 24-105mm f/4.0L IS | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 17-40mm f/4L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS | 50mm f/1.8
Photography Blog (external link) | 500px (external link) | Model Mayhem (external link)

Ledrak
266 posts
Joined May 2007

Nov 27, 2011 20:47 |  #716

Moose408 wrote in post #13458754 (external link)
It's unfair to single out models. Photographers on MM will also often write stupid things. And it's not just MM, just look at some of the posts here on POTN.

Everyone has their own perspective and reasons for doing things. I try not to judge.

I'm not singling her out... I didn't even mention her name. It's not just her, it's a significant portion of models on that site that have their head gassed. If you go back and read the previous post I made in this thread, then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm sure there are some photogs on their being moronic as well. But I'm not on the other side of the table trying to work as a model so I'm not really looking at other photog's profiles. But if it's your production and you're the one paying everyone... you sort of have a right to make whatever demands you want. When a model wants to call the shots AND get paid... I say hell no!! Not on my production.

squaresnappr
278 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Nov 28, 2011 20:44 as a reply to  @ Ledrak's post |  #717

I have had nothing but good experiences in MM. I had 2 cancellations but with good reason and a weeks notice so had enough time to find replacement.

Don't have anybody from this forum as a friend but feel free to add and I am very friendly.

My Gear
http://www.solofotogra​phy.com (external link)
http://www.modelmayhem​.com/1896508 (external link)

JAE ­ Photography
108 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Nov 30, 2011 19:26 |  #718

I've also had nothing but good experiences. I had one complete flake this year. I tend to only shoot with girls who communicate decently and I always have a plan B. If they don't answer my call in the moring then I don't pack up my lights and do whatever it is I have for plan B. Could be hanging out with friends, shooting something else, watching a movie, whatever. If a model can't make it I just shrug and go on with life.

I've met dozens of really cool models and grown a lot as a new photographer this year because of MM.

http://www.modelmayhem​.com/1926140 (external link)
http://www.jae-photography.net/ (external link) (nsfw)

rw609
372 posts
Joined May 2011

Nov 30, 2011 21:35 |  #719

add me too http://www.modelmayhem​.com/robwoodphotograph​y (external link)

www.flickr.com/photos/​robwood609 (external link)
http://www.modelmayhem​.com/robwoodphotograph​y (external link)
http://rwphotography.v​iewbook.com/album/stud​io#1 (external link)

DeltaDuc
164 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Dec 03, 2011 10:05 |  #720

add me three! I'm a complete newbie, but hoping to learn more! If anyone live near Dallas, TX and willing to let me shadow 'em, please PM me!

http://www.modelmayhem​.com/2362670 (external link)

214,339 views & 1 like for this thread
Model Mayhem
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.