Thread started 04 Nov 2008 (Tuesday) 08:32   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

CatchingUp
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2006
1,699 posts
Texas
[MORE/SHARE]

Not sure why, but it never occured to me to try doing a 'formal sitting' with our pup. I shost this last night at my wife's request...and actually kind of liked it.

You think there is a market out there for such a thing? :- )

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos.

Post #1, Nov 04, 2008 08:32:54

Tony
I use Canon gear...have several bodies and lenses and am quite pleased with them.

"A person's gift will make room for itself."

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
justincase724
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2006
1,400 posts
San Diego, CA
[MORE/SHARE]

I've seen a few pet stores (even pet store giant Petco) and pet groomers that offer photo sessions, so I would say that there is definitely a market for it. I think you did a great job of it too. Look around your area and see if anyone already offers it. If not, it just may be yours for the taking.

Post #2, Nov 04, 2008 10:57:23

FLICKrexternal link GEAR

rcfury
Joined Dec 2007
916 posts
Manassas, VA
[MORE/SHARE]

Yes there is a market for formal dog sittings. Some people out there really pamper their pets and treat them as a young child as it was their own. those people would pay to have their dog's picture framed and hung on the wall.
My father, used his home studio and took pictures of the rescue dogs that my sister brings in and gives them to the animal rescue group. Since, the group has been using pictures from my father they have seen almost double amount of adoptions. Since, my father uses the home studio just for fun he wasn't looking for anything in return, the rescue group did mention his name to people which later asked for other pictures.

Post #3, Nov 04, 2008 15:58:27

~Nathan
Gear: Canon 1Dm2, 10D, Canon 17-40L, 70-200 2.8L EF-50 1.4, and the Canon 550EX flash
-----
♦ Check out my FLICKR external linkexternal link

SouthernJumper
Joined Dec 2006
199 posts
Arkansas
[MORE/SHARE]

You wouldn't believe how many people would pay for pet photos. There's a photographer in Arkansas that sets a date with vets offices and people sign up there for an appt. She's gotten a lot of business through our office.

Post #4, Nov 05, 2008 15:48:38

LIST NEARBY THREADS
421 views & 0 likes for this thread
Our Westie...
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES