Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family
Thread started 17 Nov 2008 (Monday) 08:41
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Two more preschool portraits

HoosierJoe
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2008
Central Indiana
Nov 17, 2008 08:41 |  #1

The color shot is from the preshool portrait session I did a little while back. I don't like the finger shadow in it but basically like the final result. I still have a lot of room for improvement. The B/W was a snap done with the LightScoop. I had to do a lot of contrast work with this one and of course the B/W conversion.

Both look like keepers. Any CC?

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Ain't nothin but a thing.

asysin2leads
I'm kissing arse
6,328 posts
Joined Dec 2006
Lebanon, OH
Nov 17, 2008 13:11 |  #2

The first one seems a bit underexposed. Not much, just a hair. What was your Av on #1? Portraits should be done around f8 so that the edges are a bit sharper. The EXIF data wasn't intact, but I would guess they were around f2.8.

Kevin
https://www.google.com ....com&ctz=America/Ne​w_Yorkexternal link

HoosierJoe
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2008
Central Indiana
Nov 17, 2008 16:14 |  #3

asysin2leads wrote in post #6704831external link
The first one seems a bit underexposed. Not much, just a hair. What was your Av on #1? Portraits should be done around f8 so that the edges are a bit sharper. The EXIF data wasn't intact, but I would guess they were around f2.8.

Underexposed I can remedy in pp. I can also sharpen a bit. Shot in raw and still have the untouched file. I have done nothing to this picture but convert it for posting. Funny about the f5.6. I shot 15 subject and 14 of them at f8 like you suggest, this is the only one at f5.6 and I don't remember my thinking. But that's why I post here, so I can find out what to do better next time.

I'll paste the exif:

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

Tv(Shutter Speed)
1/125Sec.
Av(Aperture Value)
F5.6
Metering Modes
-
Exposure Compensation
ISO Speed

Thanks.

Ain't nothin but a thing.

asysin2leads
I'm kissing arse
6,328 posts
Joined Dec 2006
Lebanon, OH
Nov 17, 2008 19:06 |  #4

HoosierJoe wrote in post #6706029external link
Funny about the f5.6. I shot 15 subject and 14 of them at f8 like you suggest, this is the only one at f5.6 and I don't remember my thinking.

I've done that before. I tinkered with my dials without knowing and changed the settings. It happens.

Kevin
https://www.google.com ....com&ctz=America/Ne​w_Yorkexternal link

1,008 views & 0 likes for this thread
Two more preschool portraits
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.