Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes
Thread started 11 Dec 2008 (Thursday) 13:02
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Does this do anything for you

digirebelva
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2008
Appomattox, Virginia
Dec 11, 2008 13:02 |  #1

Some shots are easy to pick as being good, some are borderline..and sometines you need to distance yourself from an image and get an objective opinion..Does this image do anything for you?

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

EOS 6d, 7dMKII, Tokina 11-16, Tokina 16-28, Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8, Sigma 17-50 F/2.8, Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L, Canon 70-200 F/2.8L, Mixed Speedlites and other stuff.

When it ceases to be fun, it will be time to walk away
Website (external link) | Fine Art America (external link)

bretedge
86 posts
Joined Feb 2008
Dec 11, 2008 13:05 |  #2

This one has potential. I would crop the trees on the left completely out, burn down the extreme highlights and maybe even darken the sky a bit more. Perhaps even a crop from the bottom. Keep working with it as I think you're on to something!

Bret Edge
Moab, Utah
Private and Group Photography Workshopsexternal link
The Essential Guide to Photographing Arches National Parkexternal link

digirebelva
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2008
Appomattox, Virginia
Dec 11, 2008 13:33 |  #3

bretedge wrote in post #6858597external link
This one has potential. I would crop the trees on the left completely out, burn down the extreme highlights and maybe even darken the sky a bit more. Perhaps even a crop from the bottom. Keep working with it as I think you're on to something!

Make it more moody?

EOS 6d, 7dMKII, Tokina 11-16, Tokina 16-28, Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8, Sigma 17-50 F/2.8, Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L, Canon 70-200 F/2.8L, Mixed Speedlites and other stuff.

Crissy7682
280 posts
Joined Jul 2007
Hammond, Louisiana
Dec 11, 2008 13:53 |  #4

I do like the picture but my first thought was a HUGE anaconda or snake like creature for some reason

I have a Canon G9 that I am still slowly learning, feel free to give me an C/C you feel will help me :)

digirebelva
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2008
Appomattox, Virginia
Dec 11, 2008 14:48 |  #5

Crissy7682 wrote in post #6858853external link
I do like the picture but my first thought was a HUGE anaconda or snake like creature for some reason

:D;)

686 views & 0 likes for this thread
Does this do anything for you
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.