Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th of March 2005 (Thu)   #1
Miche

Default Dropped ixus 500 - missing shutter button

Hi

Has anyone had the misfortune of dropping their ixus 500 (or otherwise) and having the shutter button fall off and disappear? If so can anyone say if this can be fixed easily and roughly how much I might be looking to pay?

The camera powers on fine and you can view and zoom as though you were about to take a picture - but have no button to do so. To me the electronics inside seem ok.

HELP!!
Miche is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 12th of March 2005 (Sat)   #2
JohnnyE

Default Re: Dropped ixus 500 - missing shutter button

If you think you can attach it yourself, I'm sure you can order a replacement shutter button from Canon Parts - (732) 521-7230 (US only).
JohnnyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st of March 2005 (Mon)   #3
Miche

Default Re: Dropped ixus 500 - missing shutter button

Was told not to try fixing this myself, but just been quoted 30 to have it repaired - so it's not all bad!
Miche is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member