Index  •   • New Posts  •   • RTAT  •   • "Best Of"  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New Posts  •   • RTAT  •   • "Best Of"  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Thread started 10 Mar 2005 (Thursday) 08:44
PREV/NEXT

Dropped ixus 500 - missing shutter button

Miche
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Mar 2005
MORE INFO

Hi

Has anyone had the misfortune of dropping their ixus 500 (or otherwise) and having the shutter button fall off and disappear? If so can anyone say if this can be fixed easily and roughly how much I might be looking to pay?

The camera powers on fine and you can view and zoom as though you were about to take a picture - but have no button to do so. To me the electronics inside seem ok.

HELP!! :(

Mar 10, 2005 08:44

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
JohnnyE
470 posts
Joined Jan 2003
MORE INFO

If you think you can attach it yourself, I'm sure you can order a replacement shutter button from Canon Parts - (732) 521-7230 (US only).

Mar 12, 2005 10:59

Miche
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Mar 2005
MORE INFO

:D Was told not to try fixing this myself, but just been quoted £30 to have it repaired - so it's not all bad!

Mar 21, 2005 10:54

1,043 views & 0 likes for this thread
Dropped ixus 500 - missing shutter button
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO THE FORUMS
Registered members get all the features: search, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, own reviews...

SEND FEEDBACK TO STAFF    •   JUMP TO FORUM    •   FORUM RULES    •   Index    •   New Posts    •   RTAT    •   "Best Of"    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: By using this site you agree that some cookies will be stored on your browser. For unlogged users we store one session id cookie. For registered members we store (in addition to login session cookie) only cookies that are essential for required functionality. We do not store any personal tracking data in cookies or other browsers' data storage methods.