Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > RAW, Post Processing and Printing
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th of March 2005 (Fri)   #1
pazr1

Question HOW DO I PRINT A FULL SIZE IMAGE

I have recently purchased a Canon IP4000 printer so i can print the images taken by my IXUS 430. The problem i have is when i try to print the image. The software will not print the full image, it will cut off parts of the image at the top and bottom. The software allows me to move the selected area to capture most of the image but not the complete image.

Is it something to do with the settings on the camera itself (size of image, resolution) or the printer settings.

Please help!!!
pazr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 11th of March 2005 (Fri)   #2
Scottes
Trigger Man - POTN Retired

Default Re: HOW DO I PRINT A FULL SIZE IMAGE

What size picture and what size paper?

a "standard" 35mm/digital pic with have an aspect ratio of 2:3, which prints fine on a 4x6 since that's also 2:3, but 8x10 paper is 2:2.5.

Basically, you have to crop the image to the same aspect ratio as the paper.

Scottes' Rum Pages - Rum Reviews And Info
Follower of Fidget - Joined the cult of HAMSTTR
Scottes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of March 2005 (Fri)   #3
PacAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazr1
I have recently purchased a Canon IP4000 printer so i can print the images taken by my IXUS 430. The problem i have is when i try to print the image. The software will not print the full image, it will cut off parts of the image at the top and bottom. The software allows me to move the selected area to capture most of the image but not the complete image.

Is it something to do with the settings on the camera itself (size of image, resolution) or the printer settings.

Please help!!!
In the print dialogue window, Is there an option like "resize to fit" or "scale to media"? If so, select it so that the print program can fit the whole image into the paper. If you do this, however, if the aspect ratios of the paper and your image are not the same (as mentioned by Scott above), then you'll end up with some extra white spaces in the print.

Last edited by PacAce : 11th of March 2005 (Fri) at 07:48.
PacAce is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 11th of March 2005 (Fri)   #4
Wendy Lilygreen

Hi,
Assuming you are printing from photoshop if you do print with preview, and as PacAce says do the resize bit I find that if you resize to say 97% or so then you don't get any bits chopped off.
Wendy
Old 11th of March 2005 (Fri)   #5
pazr1

The print software i am using is Canon Easy-Photoprint and the camera software is the Canon Zoon Browser.

Nowhere can i find a 'scale to media' or 'resize to fit'.

As for the paper choice it doesn't seem to matter what size i choose as it just increases the image proportionally so there is always a bit at the top and bottom that will not be captured.
Old 11th of March 2005 (Fri)   #6
pushtoexit

Because the ratio (lenght x width) of the image file is different than the paper, you only have 2 choices:
1) Either crop the image to fit the paper (easy photoprint has this option)
2) Print the image without cropping BUT "'cannot be borderless"', ie margins around the photo will be larger and not equal on all sides but the whole picture should print on the paper.
pushtoexit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th of March 2005 (Sat)   #7
pazr1

I cant find this option. You are right when you say print with border. The full image is printed but i cannot find th crop option.
Old 12th of March 2005 (Sat)   #8
cgratti
Lord_Malone, your still a newb...

Quote:

I cant find this option. You are right when you say print with border. The full image is printed but i cannot find th crop option.
Crop the image is Photoshop first, then print.
cgratti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th of March 2005 (Tue)   #9
Threevok

Quote:

Go to tab #3 "Layout/Print" and look for the "Trimming" button.
Threevok is offline   Reply With Quote