HOW DO I PRINT A FULL SIZE IMAGE

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 11 Mar 2005 (Friday) 06:39   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

pazr1
Hatchling
Joined Mar 2005
3 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I have recently purchased a Canon IP4000 printer so i can print the images taken by my IXUS 430. The problem i have is when i try to print the image. The software will not print the full image, it will cut off parts of the image at the top and bottom. The software allows me to move the selected area to capture most of the image but not the complete image.

Is it something to do with the settings on the camera itself (size of image, resolution) or the printer settings.

Please help!!!

Post #1, Mar 11, 2005 06:39:04

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Scottes
Trigger Man - POTN Retired
Joined Nov 2003
12,842 posts
A Little North Of Boston, MA, USA
[MORE/SHARE]

What size picture and what size paper?

a "standard" 35mm/digital pic with have an aspect ratio of 2:3, which prints fine on a 4x6 since that's also 2:3, but 8x10 paper is 2:2.5.

Basically, you have to crop the image to the same aspect ratio as the paper.

Post #2, Mar 11, 2005 07:41:43

You can take my 100-400 L away when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.
Scottes' Rum Pages - Rum Reviews And Infoexternal link
Follower of Fidget - Joined the cult of HAMSTTR©

PacAce
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2003
26,804 posts
ABE, PA USA
[MORE/SHARE]

pazr1 wrote:
I have recently purchased a Canon IP4000 printer so i can print the images taken by my IXUS 430. The problem i have is when i try to print the image. The software will not print the full image, it will cut off parts of the image at the top and bottom. The software allows me to move the selected area to capture most of the image but not the complete image.

Is it something to do with the settings on the camera itself (size of image, resolution) or the printer settings.

Please help!!!

In the print dialogue window, Is there an option like "resize to fit" or "scale to media"? If so, select it so that the print program can fit the whole image into the paper. If you do this, however, if the aspect ratios of the paper and your image are not the same (as mentioned by Scott above), then you'll end up with some extra white spaces in the print.

Post #3, Mar 11, 2005 07:46:42

...Leo

Wendy ­ Lilygreen
Joined Nov 2003
127 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi,
Assuming you are printing from photoshop if you do print with preview, and as PacAce says do the resize bit I find that if you resize to say 97% or so then you don't get any bits chopped off.
Wendy

Post #4, Mar 11, 2005 09:37:53

Lilers

pazr1
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined Mar 2005
3 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

The print software i am using is Canon Easy-Photoprint and the camera software is the Canon Zoon Browser.

Nowhere can i find a 'scale to media' or 'resize to fit'.

As for the paper choice it doesn't seem to matter what size i choose as it just increases the image proportionally so there is always a bit at the top and bottom that will not be captured.

Post #5, Mar 11, 2005 11:20:04 as a reply to Wendy Lilygreen's post 1 hour earlier.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
pushtoexit
Joined Jan 2005
219 posts
Toronto, Ontario
[MORE/SHARE]

Because the ratio (lenght x width) of the image file is different than the paper, you only have 2 choices:
1) Either crop the image to fit the paper (easy photoprint has this option)
2) Print the image without cropping BUT "'cannot be borderless"', ie margins around the photo will be larger and not equal on all sides but the whole picture should print on the paper.

Post #6, Mar 11, 2005 11:30:42

A Beginners Galleryexternal link

pazr1
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined Mar 2005
3 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I cant find this option. You are right when you say print with border. The full image is printed but i cannot find th crop option.

Post #7, Mar 12, 2005 00:47:35 as a reply to pushtoexit's post 13 hours earlier.

cgratti
Lord_Malone, your still a newb...
Joined Feb 2004
3,315 posts
E-A-G-L-E-S - EAGLES
[MORE/SHARE]

pazr1 wrote:

I cant find this option. You are right when you say print with border. The full image is printed but i cannot find th crop option.

Crop the image is Photoshop first, then print.

Post #8, Mar 12, 2005 11:51:50 as a reply to pazr1's post 11 hours earlier.

Canon 30D

Canon 10D
Canon 28-105 f/3.5-4.5 II USM
Apple iMac G5

Threevok
Hatchling
Joined Jan 2005
9 posts
Colorado
[MORE/SHARE]

pazr1 wrote:

Go to tab #3 "Layout/Print" and look for the "Trimming" button.

Post #9, Mar 15, 2005 08:06:54 as a reply to pazr1's post 3 days earlier.

LIST NEARBY THREADS
5,561 views & 0 likes for this thread
HOW DO I PRINT A FULL SIZE IMAGE
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES