Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th of January 2009 (Fri)   #1
sportour

Default Old Canon rangefinder, where to turn

I don't know where else to post this on this forum but I'm looking for information on this camera, a Canon that has no marks to identify the model. This camera was purchased in Japan in the mid to late fifties and much later given to me as a gift. It's a rangefinder with a three position lever for a wide-angle, normal and telefoto lens. The only lens I have for it is a Canon 50mm f-1.8. On the top of the camera there is a diamond with the letters E-P and a serial number 143xxx.
It's fully operational though a bit difficult to load as the bottom plate is removeable and the film must be threaded through from the cannister to the takeup spool.
If this post is inappropriate, could someone direct me to a site where I might find info identifying this camera.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Canon rangefinder.JPG (116.0 KB, 56 views)
sportour is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 16th of January 2009 (Fri)   #2
dan_bgblue

Default Re: Old Canon rangefinder, where to turn

Hopefully you can find reference to it at this link. Good luck!!

http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/c...1933-1955.html
dan_bgblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th of January 2009 (Fri)   #3
SkedAddled

Default Re: Old Canon rangefinder, where to turn

Lots of rangefinder users and very knowledgeable people over at the MF Lenses forum. There's even a sub-forum specifically for rangefinder cameras. Images won't show in a first post from new members, but somebody will make the pics viewable for all to see.

That's probably your best venue for a positive identification.

Of course I'm all right! Why? What have you heard?!?
SkedAddled is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member