FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 24 Jan 2009 (Saturday) 19:50   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

KandJinIN
Joined Dec 2008
317 posts
Middle of a Cornfield, IN
[MORE/SHARE]

So I have a growing interest in all things photography it seems. It has become my newest addiction, however, I find myself leaving the camera home more than anything for various reasons. 1- its freakin' cold outside most of the time.. 2- I don't have a bag that transports my camera very easily.. and 3- I don't know how to go about getting to the pictures I want to take.

The third one is the one I want to ask you all about.

I have a XTi with the non-IS kit lens, though I am currently saving up for a nifty, followed by a 55-250 IS. That being said, I have many interests in the world of photography, whether its street, country buildings, landscapes, sports, portraits of my daughter, or macro.. I find all of these things intriguing, but whenever it comes to taking pictures outside of my home I am confused on how to get them. If I am driving down the road (like today) and see a great wooded area... do I just pull over on the shoulder and hike? Trespassing an issue? I guess I just have a hard time figuring out how to position myself to get good shots without hiking (not too worried about hiking) but more specifically, hiking on other people's land to get shots of their stuff... that make sense?

Any comments aside from the "get over it" variety. I don't know if my question is clear.. I will clarify if I need too.

Thanks for the help

Post #1, Jan 24, 2009 19:50:43

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
DStanic
Cream of the Crop
Joined Oct 2007
6,140 posts
Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

I think I know where you are coming from. For me I love looking at street photography- especially photos with people in it. But I do not feel comfortable (yet) going out on the street and taking pictures of strangers. Common sense dictates if you should or shouldn't trespass.

When the weather gets warmer you will probably want to go outside and take pictures of everything, and hopefully feel more comforable out in the public with your gear.

Post #2, Jan 24, 2009 22:17:40

Canon 60D, 30D
Tamron 28-75 2.8, Tamron 17-35, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Canon 85mm 1.8
Sony NEX 3n, kit lenses and 35mm 1.8 OSS

LIST NEARBY THREADS
194 views & 0 likes for this thread
Location Question...
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES