FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Thread started 14 Dec 2002 (Saturday) 06:58   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

tootsie
Mostly Lurking
Joined Dec 2002
14 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I have an iMac running system 9. I also use a Wacom tablet, an Epson printer and an Epson scanner. Loading the Canon digital solutions software caused the worst crash of my computer I have had in many a year! I had to use the iMac re-install disks TWICE, lost beaucoup files, mostly all the addresses, mail and bookmarks in my internet programs. Fortunately, I had backed up a lot of them and Mac does a nice little folder called "original items" for you as long as you haven't chosen to wipe the harddrive!
The first sympton was that my Wacom cursor froze and I had to dig out that gawdawful little round thing that came with the iMac...the worst thing Apple ever came up with, BTW. I finally got everything going by selectively re-loading both scanner, printer and Canon programs.
Now, what the h is that CP-10 driver? I don't own this printer, don't plan to etc, so why do they put this on my harddrive? Also, I am continually getting a dialog box about the driver for "an unnamed USB device" that is missing its drivers. It tries to connect me to the 'net to look for the driver and stays there through TWO total software reinstalls and I can't find the furshlugginer thing anywhere to trash it.
Other than that, the camera is real neat.

Post #1, Dec 14, 2002 06:58:57

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
worldwar84
Hatchling
Joined Jan 2003
6 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi there,

Just to let you know, I've got some similar problems with my windows 98 platform. I also have a wacom tablet and canon scanner that both have usb connections. My scanner doesn't work, my tablet doesn't work, Photoshop6 and 7 are very slow and my computer is very slow in general. I can't reinstall any of the drivers because my computer freezes up every time. My next thing I guess is to try installing windows xp. I just thought you should know that you aren't alone on this one. If I learn any new information, I'll post it.

CHOW!!!

Post #2, Jan 04, 2003 20:33:48

tootsie
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
Joined Dec 2002
14 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I emailed Wacom. They referred me to a new driver, but I haven't installed it yet. Turns out that that was the problem all along...since I uninstalled it, everything runs like clockwork.

worldwar84 wrote:
Hi there,

Just to let you know, I've got some similar problems with my windows 98 platform. I also have a wacom tablet and canon scanner that both have usb connections. My scanner doesn't work, my tablet doesn't work, Photoshop6 and 7 are very slow and my computer is very slow in general. I can't reinstall any of the drivers because my computer freezes up every time. My next thing I guess is to try installing windows xp. I just thought you should know that you aren't alone on this one. If I learn any new information, I'll post it.

CHOW!!!

Post #3, Jan 05, 2003 20:57:45

LIST NEARBY THREADS
2,894 views & 0 likes for this thread
software conflicts
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES