Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th of December 2002 (Sat)   #1
tootsie

Default software conflicts

I have an iMac running system 9. I also use a Wacom tablet, an Epson printer and an Epson scanner. Loading the Canon digital solutions software caused the worst crash of my computer I have had in many a year! I had to use the iMac re-install disks TWICE, lost beaucoup files, mostly all the addresses, mail and bookmarks in my internet programs. Fortunately, I had backed up a lot of them and Mac does a nice little folder called "original items" for you as long as you haven't chosen to wipe the harddrive!
The first sympton was that my Wacom cursor froze and I had to dig out that gawdawful little round thing that came with the iMac...the worst thing Apple ever came up with, BTW. I finally got everything going by selectively re-loading both scanner, printer and Canon programs.
Now, what the h is that CP-10 driver? I don't own this printer, don't plan to etc, so why do they put this on my harddrive? Also, I am continually getting a dialog box about the driver for "an unnamed USB device" that is missing its drivers. It tries to connect me to the 'net to look for the driver and stays there through TWO total software reinstalls and I can't find the furshlugginer thing anywhere to trash it.
Other than that, the camera is real neat.
tootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 4th of January 2003 (Sat)   #2
worldwar84

Default Re: software conflicts

Hi there,

Just to let you know, I've got some similar problems with my windows 98 platform. I also have a wacom tablet and canon scanner that both have usb connections. My scanner doesn't work, my tablet doesn't work, Photoshop6 and 7 are very slow and my computer is very slow in general. I can't reinstall any of the drivers because my computer freezes up every time. My next thing I guess is to try installing windows xp. I just thought you should know that you aren't alone on this one. If I learn any new information, I'll post it.

CHOW!!!
worldwar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th of January 2003 (Sun)   #3
tootsie

Default Re: Re: software conflicts

I emailed Wacom. They referred me to a new driver, but I haven't installed it yet. Turns out that that was the problem all along...since I uninstalled it, everything runs like clockwork.

Quote:
worldwar84 wrote:
Hi there,

Just to let you know, I've got some similar problems with my windows 98 platform. I also have a wacom tablet and canon scanner that both have usb connections. My scanner doesn't work, my tablet doesn't work, Photoshop6 and 7 are very slow and my computer is very slow in general. I can't reinstall any of the drivers because my computer freezes up every time. My next thing I guess is to try installing windows xp. I just thought you should know that you aren't alone on this one. If I learn any new information, I'll post it.

CHOW!!!
tootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member