Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Wildlife Talk
Thread started 17 Feb 2009 (Tuesday) 18:21
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Zoo = condensation

200 posts
Joined Jan 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Feb 17, 2009 18:21 |  #1

How do you guys deal with condensation when photographing in zoos? I went to the zoo this past weekend when the outdoor ambient temperature was around -5C. The lens would fog right up and beads of water left on the filter if I didn't wipe it down. The viewfinder would fog up too and it wasn't accessible to dry by it was really hard to get a good shot indoors...any tips?

Canon G12 | 430EXII w/ stofen

Gear List

473 posts
Joined Nov 2005
Feb 18, 2009 05:39 |  #2

When I go in or out in the winter, I have my camera in a large zipp lock freezer bag and it stays in there until it changes temp coming or going and any condensation forms on the out side of bag not your gear. It takes a few min, which give you time to look the place over for the best shot.

Equipment Canon 50DGrip:20DGrip: 300D: Tamron AF 11-18: 28-75 2.8/EFS 17-85mm IS: EF 35mm 2.0: EF 50mm 1.8II: EF 135mm 2.8 sf: EF 200mm 2.8L II /Sigma DG 150-500mm HSM: 105mm 2.8 DG Macro/Kenko PRO 300 1.4 TC:Kenko Tubes

Joined Jan 2009
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Feb 19, 2009 19:52 |  #3

thats a great idea about the ziplock bag thing. that should work excellent for when comming in from the cold, but it would do nothing for when you go out into the cold. theres no humidity in the air when its below freezing, so there is no moisture to form condensation. but when you come in from shooting outside in the winter, a ziplock bag till it warms up should do the trick. but i would guess that if you put the camera back in the bag and let it warm up in there would work just as well too....

www.sirockalot.comexternal link

1,000 views & 0 likes for this thread
Zoo = condensation
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Wildlife Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.