FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Wildlife Talk
Thread started 17 Feb 2009 (Tuesday) 18:21   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

FrostQ
Joined Jan 2009
200 posts
Toronto, Ontario
[MORE/SHARE]

How do you guys deal with condensation when photographing in zoos? I went to the zoo this past weekend when the outdoor ambient temperature was around -5C. The lens would fog right up and beads of water left on the filter if I didn't wipe it down. The viewfinder would fog up too and it wasn't accessible to dry by hand...so it was really hard to get a good shot indoors...any tips?

Post #1, Feb 17, 2009 18:21:23

Canon G12 | 430EXII w/ stofen

Gear List

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Jeff2909
Joined Nov 2005
473 posts
Germany
[MORE/SHARE]

When I go in or out in the winter, I have my camera in a large zipp lock freezer bag and it stays in there until it changes temp coming or going and any condensation forms on the out side of bag not your gear. It takes a few min, which give you time to look the place over for the best shot.

Post #2, Feb 18, 2009 05:39:18

Jeff
Equipment Canon 50DGrip:20DGrip: 300D: Tamron AF 11-18: 28-75 2.8/EFS 17-85mm IS: EF 35mm 2.0: EF 50mm 1.8II: EF 135mm 2.8 sf: EF 200mm 2.8L II /Sigma DG 150-500mm HSM: 105mm 2.8 DG Macro/Kenko PRO 300 1.4 TC:Kenko Tubes

sirockalot
Joined Jan 2009
476 posts
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
[MORE/SHARE]

thats a great idea about the ziplock bag thing. that should work excellent for when comming in from the cold, but it would do nothing for when you go out into the cold. theres no humidity in the air when its below freezing, so there is no moisture to form condensation. but when you come in from shooting outside in the winter, a ziplock bag till it warms up should do the trick. but i would guess that if you put the camera back in the bag and let it warm up in there would work just as well too....

Post #3, Feb 19, 2009 19:52:37

www.sirockalot.comexternal link

LIST NEARBY THREADS
890 views & 0 likes for this thread
Zoo = condensation
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Wildlife Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES