Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > Sports
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st of March 2009 (Sun)   #1
yanny13

Default Six Nations Rugby: Scotland V Italy

Here are a few photos from Saturday's match. All were shot with my 17-85 (I didn't try to sneak in my 70-200 since the stewards can get a bit fussy over longer lenses, as it turns out it would've been OK) and all are pretty heavily cropped since I was around 40 rows back and didn't have much reach.

I was shooting in Tv pretty much all of the time, trying for 1/500th, ISO between 800 and 1600. I'm not sure if the exif is intact but I can post it if you want.

Obviously I would've loved to been using the 70-200, but I am fairly happy with some of the many shots that I took, the main problem that any action on the far half of the pitch wasn't even worth shooting because cropping at 100% wasn't even enough. I would be grateful for any feedback, I was fairly limited by my angles, all shots were from the same position but advice on cropping, exposures etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Flickr
yanny13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member