Website with pixelpost/blogger - comments welcome

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries
Thread started 05 Mar 2009 (Thursday) 15:28   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

wexsnap
Hatchling
Joined Mar 2009
3 posts
Ireland
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi All,
First time poster. Have been on the forum for a while and finally got to register. Just completed a redisign of my site using blogger and pixelpost - impressed with pixelpost. http://www.wexfordphot​ography.comexternal link Open to comments. advice,constructive criticism etc.
Thanks guys

Post #1, Mar 05, 2009 15:28:55

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
tkcom
Joined Apr 2006
75 posts
Vancouver, BC
[MORE/SHARE]

I found tiled background to be quite distracting and not easy on the eyes. They also reduce visibility of text underneath the content.

"Valid xHTML / Valid CSS" may be redundant nowadays, don't you think? Also, "contact" page seems unnecessary with only one line on it.

Light/dark style switch doesn't seem to do much to the overall viewing experience, and I think they're reversed (I got dark clicking on "light").

Lots of room for improvement. Keep surfing and take note of the site design that you like.

Post #2, Mar 05, 2009 20:14:37

TK
50D (10-22, 18-55 IS, , Nifty, 70-300 APO, 580EXII)
flickrexternal link | photoblogexternal link

wexsnap
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined Mar 2009
3 posts
Ireland
[MORE/SHARE]

thanks for your comments TK.
Correct on the "Valid CSS" so Its removed, as well as Light/dark option. May change bg and plan new content for Contact page, which is really just a "holding page" for now.

Post #3, Mar 06, 2009 14:40:58 as a reply to tkcom's post 18 hours earlier.

mullkv
Joined Aug 2008
494 posts
Malmesbury, Wiltshire
[MORE/SHARE]

My first instinct was the click the four primary images on the home page - they look like entry links to sections on the site, but they don't do anything.

Nice shots on the site.

Post #4, Mar 06, 2009 15:11:42

: Follow on Twitterexternal link

Canon EOS 5D Mk III, Canon EOS 1DX, 85mm f/1.2 L, 35mm f/1.4, 135 f/2.0L, 24mm f/1.24

LIST NEARBY THREADS
673 views & 0 likes for this thread
Website with pixelpost/blogger - comments welcome
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES