Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Presentation
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th of March 2009 (Thu)   #1
wexsnap

Default Website with pixelpost/blogger - comments welcome

Hi All,
First time poster. Have been on the forum for a while and finally got to register. Just completed a redisign of my site using blogger and pixelpost - impressed with pixelpost. http://www.wexfordphotography.com Open to comments. advice,constructive criticism etc.
Thanks guys
Old 5th of March 2009 (Thu)   #2
tkcom

Default Re: Website with pixelpost/blogger - comments welcome

I found tiled background to be quite distracting and not easy on the eyes. They also reduce visibility of text underneath the content.

"Valid xHTML / Valid CSS" may be redundant nowadays, don't you think? Also, "contact" page seems unnecessary with only one line on it.

Light/dark style switch doesn't seem to do much to the overall viewing experience, and I think they're reversed (I got dark clicking on "light").

Lots of room for improvement. Keep surfing and take note of the site design that you like.

50D (10-22, 18-55 IS, , Nifty, 70-300 APO, 580EXII)
flickr | photoblog
tkcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th of March 2009 (Fri)   #3
wexsnap

thanks for your comments TK.
Correct on the "Valid CSS" so Its removed, as well as Light/dark option. May change bg and plan new content for Contact page, which is really just a "holding page" for now.
Old 6th of March 2009 (Fri)   #4
mullkv

My first instinct was the click the four primary images on the home page - they look like entry links to sections on the site, but they don't do anything.

Nice shots on the site.

Canon EOS 5D Mk III, Canon EOS 1DX, 85mm f/1.2 L, 35mm f/1.4, 135 f/2.0L, 24mm f/1.24
mullkv is offline   Reply With Quote