Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Critique Corner
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th of March 2009 (Sun)   #1
GCGuy

Default C&C for flash setup and PP

Just finally got the wife to sit down for a few shots earlier today with my strobes and mess around with the remotes and different angles. Looking for some critique on both the lighting and the PP. Main light was an AB800 at 1/16 power about 3-4 ft above the camera, slightly to the right. Fill light was AB800 at 1/32 power about 2 foot above camera and 45 degree angle to the left of the camera. Hair light was a 580EX at 1/16 with the diffuser about 5 feet above her head and off to the right a bit. First photo is SOOC, the second was PP'd with some skin repair, skin smoothing, dodging the eyes, and a little bit else.

Let me know what could be done better please, thanks!

GCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 8th of March 2009 (Sun)   #2
howaboutnow

Default Re: C&C for flash setup and PP

I think it would of been nicer if you had stepped back. Her hair is somewhat messy, maybe keep this in mind for the next photograph? But I guess you're asking about lighting and PP. LIghting I would think is a bit harsh, maybe she was too close to it? I don't know much about lighting though. And PP looks Pretty natural, except her right cheek looks much smoother then her left cheek.

Thanks for sharing
Canon EW-78B II Lens hood - Manfrotto tripod (728B)
howaboutnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th of March 2009 (Sun)   #3
GCGuy

Default Re: C&C for flash setup and PP

Yeah, we weren't worried about perfect hair, makeup, etc... just more see if we could get the angles figured out, lighting power, etc. Thanks for the comments.

GCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member