Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 29 Mar 2009 (Sunday) 07:26
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

1D Mark III Sensor Cleaning Info

drisley
"What a Tool I am"
8,860 posts
Joined Nov 2002
Mar 29, 2009 07:26 |  #1

Despite always reading product manuals before using the actual product, I always seem to miss little details, or the details were omitted from the manual to begin with.

For example, I didn't know that the 1D Mark III sensor cleaning had two different modes... one is the auto sensor clean that operates when you turn the camera on or off.

Then, the camera also gives you the option to operate the sensor cleaner whenever you want. I always assumed this was the same as the above, but recently I noticed that I could hear the shutter sound like it was firing three times in this mode.

Well, I just watched Canon's "Masterclass' videos on their UK website, and learned that when you use this second, manually selected sensor cleaning, shown as CLEAN NOW in the sensor cleaning menu, the Mark III moves the shutter blades , cocking it 3 times to give a more thorough cleaning than the daily auto function.

Perhaps others may know this, but I found this very informative and will use this manual clean every now and again (even though the auto function seems to work quite amazingly well already).

1D Mark III - 5D Mark IV - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L Mark II - Samyang 14/2.8

caseyjohnphotography
969 posts
Joined Mar 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Mar 29, 2009 07:47 |  #2
banned

Yes i fiddled through the menu a few weeks back when i first got mine when my sensor was quite dirty and came across this function.

It clicks three times and takes a lot longer so must give it a much more thorough clean :-)

1D Mark III | 17-35 2.8L | 24-70 2.8L | 70-200 2.8L IS| 580EX II | 430EX II | 3 PocketWizard Plus II's

815 views & 0 likes for this thread
1D Mark III Sensor Cleaning Info
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.