Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > Nature & Landscapes Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th of April 2009 (Thu)   #1
imahawki

Default Places to shoot around Omaha, Nebraska?

Can anyone offer some good places to shoot in or around Omaha? We have a season pass to the Zoo so we already hit that frequently. Other general landscape opportunities or lesser known photo ops?

My Zenfolio Gallery
imahawki is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 30th of April 2009 (Thu)   #2
R_Metzel
fish stick man!

Default Re: Places to shoot around Omaha, Nebraska?

What I like to do to find new places is search for geotagged photos in a certain area to find cool locations. 99% of the time I use flickr for this... even google maps has geo tagged photos. Hope that helps a bit....

R_Metzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th of April 2009 (Thu)   #3
imahawki

Can you give me an example of how to do this? I can do a general search for Omaha on Flickr but I thin that's not quite what you're talking about.

My Zenfolio Gallery
imahawki is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 7th of May 2009 (Thu)   #4
R_Metzel
fish stick man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imahawki View Post
Can you give me an example of how to do this? I can do a general search for Omaha on Flickr but I thin that's not quite what you're talking about.
I do it the hard way....

I go to what ever area I will be in and zoom way in on the map and just look at just about every single photo that is tagged in that area. I have found some pretty cool shots and places I did not even know existed in even area's I live in.

Use the explore world map on flickr under the explore tab at the top of the page and just zoom in on what ever area you want. You might need an account to use it... im not sure though....but flickr is free to sign up and use so....

Last edited by R_Metzel : 7th of May 2009 (Thu) at 10:41.
R_Metzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th of May 2009 (Thu)   #5
HammerCope

Lot's of nice places to shoot around Omaha. Just get in your car and drive around. Inside or outside off town. I used to do it all the time. At times I would put on 200 miles in a day just driving in the county side. I saw it and liked it I took the picture. If I had to cross or go on to someone property just ask most of the time it's no big deal.