Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Digital Video
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th of May 2009 (Tue)   #1
johneric8

Default Vegas pro 9 and 5dmk2 .. how to optimize for web? Help..

Here is the deal, I know nothing about video and I'm quite lost..

#1 Is there a tutorial that explains in detail how the mechanics work when using the 5D for video

#2 I'm using vegas pro 9 .. What are some good ways to save my .mov files to retain a decent looking HD rendering on the web?

I having fun playing around and would like to share some of my clips with family members but I would like to keep them decent quality..

Blessings

Too much Gear to list!
johneric8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 4th of June 2009 (Thu)   #2
Trey T

Default Re: Vegas pro 9 and 5dmk2 .. how to optimize for web? Help..

convert your .mov to another format like avi, mpeg2, mpeg4, ect... then edit inside your vegas if you want to jazz it up. if you just want to upload it to the web, just convert and uplaod.

web looks for 1280x720.
Trey T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th of June 2009 (Mon)   #3
C2S

Is it possible to do the conversion without re-encoding anything, sort of "direct stream copy"? (if I'm using the correct terms) Like going from MOV to AVI/MPG, using the same, unmodified content. Or is the re-encoding unavoidable?

I'm thinking that since re-encoding is a bit more complex operation, it would take much longer, and probably degrade the quality somewhat. (even though this could be minimized by changing the encoding settings high enough)
Old 8th of June 2009 (Mon)   #4
Trey T

you simply use AliveHD or Xilisoft HD converter and convert it to another format.
Trey T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th of June 2009 (Tue)   #5
Pekka
El General Moderator

A free tool MPEG Steamclip 1.2 converts 5D MOV's to AVI really well (needs also Quicktime installed). Get it from http://www.squared5.com/

----------------------------
Pekka is offline   Reply With Quote