FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers
Thread started 23 May 2009 (Saturday) 04:44   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Kakadu
Hatchling
Joined May 2009
2 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

This might be also an answer to that thread: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=36399, but it has relevancy in itself.

I had the problem to install the Canon-Software on an ThinkPad X without built-in or external (USB/FireWire/PCMCIA) CD-ROM-drive. The solution is to make a disk-image with BlindWriteSuite and then mount it with the DAEMON-tools. This works - but be careful, not every CD-ROM-drive can read out the Disk - i.e. Sony CRX185 is not able to read out the CD, but LiteOn SHW-160P6S does!

BTW: this information IS NOT for making illegal copies of the CD-ROM - you are only allowed to do the described if you have the allowance to install the software anyway!

Post #1, May 23, 2009 04:44:51

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
cicopo
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2007
2,998 posts
Ottawa, Ont, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

I've been 100% successful just copying the CD to jump drives & then using it by opening up the files & selecting the installer file.

Post #2, May 23, 2009 08:22:30

A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought.
Cozumel travel & dive photos
www.picasaweb.google.c​om/CozumelTimeCapsulesexternal link
Radio Control Event albums www.picasaweb.google.c​om/tcprcphotosexternal link

nadtz
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2005
1,483 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

If you are ok with modifying your registry you dont need the CD at all, get the installer from canons website and follow the instructions at http://www.adidap.com ...t-your-canon-software-cd/external link. Obviously if you have a brand spanking new camera the latest and greatest might not be on canons website, but its good to know if you ever need to install the software and you dont have the CD handy.

Post #3, May 23, 2009 13:22:08

Kakadu
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined May 2009
2 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Accessing the CD-ROM-drive as shared drive I had the problem that the installer-application did not even show the region/continent-setting-screen and just broke up with the error "Install.exe could not load master.ini". Just copying the contents onto a local folder seems to work - I did not do that before for not spoiling unnecessary hd-space.

Post #4, May 24, 2009 03:59:17 as a reply to nadtz's post 14 hours earlier.

LIST NEARBY THREADS
16,939 views & 0 likes for this thread
Install Canon Digital Camera Solution Software without physical CD-ROM-drive
FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES