Thread started 29 May 2009 (Friday) 04:33   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

kasey
Joined Mar 2009
191 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I saw this new series of filter in Japan:

http://www.kenko-tokina.co.jp ...8/zeta_filter_engli​sh.pdfexternal link

Kenko and Hoya are under the same parent company. I heard that the Kenko Pro1 filters are almost identical to the Hoya Pro1.

This new series of Zeta filters is clearly marketed as higher end filter then the Pro1s. They are thinner and has better transmission characteristics and causes less vignetting. Anyone know if there is a Hoya equivalent or if there is any review comparing these zeta series with other brands?

Post #1, May 29, 2009 04:33:42

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
capronm
Hatchling
Joined Aug 2009
1 post
Montana
[MORE/SHARE]

The Kenko Zeta filters are more like the Hoya HD filters, but they are different it seems.
The following website has both Hoya HD and Kenko Zeta filters for sale:
http://www.slphotogear​.com ...9036-F337-I20090806093432external link

Post #2, Aug 24, 2009 15:08:43

Wilt
Wilt is an old fart who has extensive experience with many brands and many formats of cameras, and extensive lighting knowledge of both studio lighting and speedlights
Joined Aug 2005
33,480 posts
SF Bay area, CA
[MORE/SHARE]

From that link one can see that the Kenko Zeta has the SHMC coating (99.7% transmission like the Hoya SHMC) They are thin, too, like the discontinued Pro 1 -- but not the same as the current Hoya Digital Pro 1 which is not thin, not SHMC but HMC coating with 97% transmission)

Post #3, Aug 24, 2009 17:06:16

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost!
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention
Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp

LIST NEARBY THREADS
9,534 views & 0 likes for this thread
Kenko Zeta Filters
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES