Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > Still Life, B/W & Experimental
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th of June 2009 (Sun)   #1
energy_c

Default More Smokes...

Hey All,

Just recently captured another batch of smoke images and this is my first processed image. It is a composite of two smoke images (the arms are from a seperate image) and I am currently working on a different version of this same image so please watch this space. Please let me know what you think, feedback would be very beneficial to me. Thank you all for viewing.

flickr

Last edited by energy_c : 28th of June 2009 (Sun) at 16:24.
energy_c is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 29th of June 2009 (Mon)   #2
korrektor
Goldmember

Default Re: More Smokes...

pretty cool! I just don't dig the mirrored stuff anymore. Seems just way too many people do this. I would prefer a normal image but what if it could take a shape that I can associate with? maybe an animal or an object... that would be great and way more interesting!
Old 29th of June 2009 (Mon)   #3
JeffNKC

I really like them. Love how they resemble the human form and dig the intense colors.
JeffNKC is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 30th of June 2009 (Tue)   #4
energy_c

@ korrektor - thanks for your comment, i understand that not every one is going to like it because it has kind of become a love it or hate it technique. If you browse through my Flickr you can see other smoke images where I havent used the mirror technique and I too prefer those sort of images where you have an object in that single image. So thank yopu all the same for your valued input.

@ JeffNKC - Thank you very much, yeah for me it kind of resembles an advanced anatomy that is still evolving, especially the second image. Thanks again.

flickr
energy_c is offline   Reply With Quote