Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th of May 2012 (Thu)   #2986
roosterslayer

Default Re: The Film Thread (Red Ring not Required) A place for Analog Photography Nuts to Ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by agphotography View Post
Whats your guys' favorite old EOS SLR for manual focus? I think mine was the old old 630, it had a great uncluttered viewfinder that felt really large, kind of like the Olympus OM-1.

The 1N and 1V I used to work with also had great viewfinders and with the EC-B split-screen installed manual focus was a total breeze.

I may look for another 630 just to use my Zeiss 50mm on film, I want to see how it renders
i hate all of my EOS cameras for MF.

if i ever use MF, i use my pentax 645 or nikkormat ftn.
Old 10th of May 2012 (Thu)   #2987
agphotography
Goldmember

Default Re: The Film Thread (Red Ring not Required) A place for Analog Photography Nuts to Ta

Lol I know it's often an exercise in futility, but humor me, say one wanted an inexpensive eos body so they wouldn't have to buy into a new system
Tumblr
agphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #2988
roosterslayer

Quote:
Lol I know it's often an exercise in futility, but humor me, say one wanted an inexpensive eos body so they wouldn't have to buy into a new system
i only have owned an Elan II and Rebel II film bodies haha i have to go with the Elan. its not bad at all just nowhere as good as my other cameras haha.
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #2989
Cuypers1807

Quote:
I have an Elan 7N. It was one of the last film cameras that Canon made. I got mine on EBay in 2008 unused in original box for around $75. I think I bought the battery grip for $20.

Flickr_________My Site___________Gear List
Cuypers1807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #2990
agphotography
Goldmember

The original Elan 7 was my first Canon SLR. good memories.

I've been fortunate to have owned some great EOS bodies over the years (a couple 3s, a 1N and a 1V) but the only one that had a large feeling VF was the 600 series. The 1s have a 100% VF but it's something like a .7x magnification. Where by comparison my old Pentax MX has a .98x magnification.
Tumblr
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #2991
CameraMan
Cream of the Crop

Hmmm... I seem to have a conundrum here... Which camera do I put this roll of film in?

Conundrum... by CameraMan65, on Flickr

Last edited by CameraMan : 11th of May 2012 (Fri) at 16:50.
CameraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #2992
Virto

Clean Canonet. QL 2.5 is NOT a common model, either.

That said, the AE-1 is simply a joy to shoot. I really don't care for rangefinders, I'm finding, especially when they're not any more compact than the SLR alternative.
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #2993
CameraMan
Cream of the Crop

The nice thing is, there's already a roll in the AE-1. I get to play with my new Canonet next week!
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #2994
h4ppydaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameraMan View Post
The nice thing is, there's already a roll in the AE-1. I get to play with my new Canonet next week!
Canonets are great fun... have a QL17 myself. I vote rangefinder.
h4ppydaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #2995
BryantFC
Goldmember

Just got my first fuji pro 400H roll processed and wow, i'm impressed! so back to the dilemma in the past Abram, it was that crappy film!
BryantFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #2996
agphotography
Goldmember

Told ya

Just had to get the good stuff my friend! Glad you got it sorted out.
Tumblr
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #2997
BryantFC
Goldmember

A few shots. Man, my scanner is dirty .

img169 by BryantFC, on Flickr

img166 by BryantFC, on Flickr

img159 by BryantFC, on Flickr

img160 by BryantFC, on Flickr
BryantFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #2998
CameraMan
Cream of the Crop

My scanner does that too.
Old 12th of May 2012 (Sat)   #2999
roosterslayer

so i was scanning some film and noticed that there is a blue line that runs through the center of all my photos. i know its my scanner because i have carefully inspected the negs and there's nothing there. any idea what it could be? i cant upload the photos right now because i have bad internet but any tips would help. thanks.
Old 12th of May 2012 (Sat)   #3000
h4ppydaze

Just a few from my occupy project... love my all-manual cameras for personal stuff. These are 35mm but my fave is my Fuji GS645s by far.

My Canonet has never had a battery in it the exposures still turn out right, used that for a lot of these

yea masturbatory comment right there, I know
h4ppydaze is offline   Reply With Quote