Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > RAW, Post Processing and Printing
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th of May 2005 (Wed)   #1
Tiger1

Smile Epson Stylus Photo R2400 & Picoliter Size

I searched this site for information onthe new Epson Stylus Photo R2400 and couldn't find anything related - soooooooo:

Anybody familiar with this new printer? It is rumored that the new Epson UltraChrome K3 pigmented inks being used with this new printer are as bright and brilliant and the Canon Pixma inks, yet the Epson Ultra Chrome K3 pigments still maintain their longevity over the Canon inks.

2nd. Part - Is there "really" a noticable difference in the picoliter size from 2 to 3.5 picoliters?

Thanks,

Gene
Tiger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 11th of May 2005 (Wed)   #2
Barb42

Default Re: Epson Stylus Photo R2400 & Picoliter Size

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...-Preview.shtml
Barb42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of May 2005 (Wed)   #3
Hellashot
User is banned from forums

About the only difference besides maybe print speed between the 2200 and 2400 is the new type of inks. For the bang for the buck the 1800 is a lot better value, if you can get it to print the proper brightness. The 1800 does not have the straight-through paper path for thick media that the 2200 and 2400 have.
Hellashot is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 11th of May 2005 (Wed)   #4
Steven M. Anthony

doesnt the 2400 have an additional black ink--light-light black
Steven M. Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of May 2005 (Wed)   #5
Hellashot

Yes, as I stated, it has the new type of inks. That statement included the 9th ink tank (new) they added.
Hellashot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th of May 2005 (Thu)   #6
mdr

The proof is in the pudding, but the new 2400 should beat the 2100/2200 hands down when it comes to gloss prints. Secondly, 3 pure black (or shades of black) inks for B&W should also be a significant improvement over the black/colour B&W prints.

Then 1800 is let down heavily by the printer software, which lets the printer down drastically.
www.deridder.me
mdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th of May 2005 (Thu)   #7
Tiger1

Thanks to all for your replies.

How about the picoliter size. A 2 picoliter measurement is a decimal of a "trillion" which is infintesimal. I don't see how the 3.5 picoliter size could create images any less clear than the 2 or the 1.5 picoliter.

Any comments?

Thanks,

Gene
Tiger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th of May 2005 (Thu)   #8
UncleDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger1
Thanks to all for your replies.

How about the picoliter size. A 2 picoliter measurement is a decimal of a "trillion" which is infintesimal. I don't see how the 3.5 picoliter size could create images any less clear than the 2 or the 1.5 picoliter.

Any comments?

Thanks,

Gene
I can't give you any scientific assessment of whether or not you will see a difference or not.

But our Roland printer sports variable droplet heads/tech. varying from, i believe, 5pl to 3pl.
Not too sure if the Epson printers utilize this.(Our heads are manufactured by Epson though)
If I'm not mistaken this was supposed help with gradations and allowance for different print resolutions and ink usage.

After having the printer for 4 years, yes, I can see a difference in the performance of our printer when the droplet size is changed. I may be hypercritical and anal on this.
The 1.5pl is getting very small and may not be noticed.
But once again the media that is being printed on will have a large effect on this.
Mac and PC environment
VTour
UncleDoug is offline   Reply With Quote