This week's DSLR Speed Challenge #111 topic is:
"Depth Of Field"
From Wikipedia: In optics, particularly as relates to film and photography, the depth of field (DOF) is the portion of a scene that appears sharp in the image. Although a lens can precisely focus at only one distance, the decrease in sharpness is gradual on either side of the focused distance, so that within the DOF, the unsharpness is imperceptible under normal viewing conditions.
Special Note From Chris: Though I am not going to disallow it, I would discourage you from entering A) Flowers, B) Insects, C) Combinations of flowers and insects . Don’t get me wrong, I love photographs of flowers and insects (I have many myself), but I’d like to see some DOF shots that break outside of that rather popular genre. Have Fun!
Standard Rules apply:
1. Camera - Any Canon DSLR Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size - Please see the Image posting rules.
4. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting -
* ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.
* Photo Name in the message subject line.
* Camera model & lens used.
* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
- New Topic - After winner is declared.
- Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Ends - 12:00 Noon EST USA Time, Wednesday August 19th, 2009.
- Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed