Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Thread started 21 Aug 2009 (Friday) 18:31
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Powershot Pro1 Problem - Super Macro caused it?

globalvillager
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Aug 2009
Aug 21, 2009 18:31 |  #1

Hi, I have had my Powershot Pro1 for 5 years, and it has been taking great pictures. For the first time yesterday it showed serious problem. When I was taking pictures in the park, some pictures turned out very washed out/almost white. This did not happen consistently, only certain shots.

Then I found out that the washed out images are due to the aperture not responding when I hit the Snap button - therefore the flooding of light that comes in. I notice that these bad shots are missing the 'click' sound that normal shots wound make.

Then I started to investigate which shots were bad which were not. Apparently, it has to do with zoom range. The Powershot Pro1 is able to zoom from 28mm to 200mm lens equivalent (7.2mm focal length to 50.8mm focal length). The 'bad' shots ONLY happen when I zoom between appx. 45mm-90mm. How weird. Outside that range, my shots are normal.

Then I check my super macro function and I realize that in this mode, the zoom range is limited to appx. 45mm-90mm! I now think that the problem my camera has has something to do with super macro function.

I didn't use SM function a lot, in fact i discovered it only several months ago and just use it sparingly. But maybe this function can run the whole camera functions?

Any advise? I am panic now since I will go to my photo hunting trip to Hawaii in 4 days, and without my camera, my vacation will not be the same.

Jeff DJ

867 views & 0 likes for this thread
Powershot Pro1 Problem - Super Macro caused it?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.