Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th of August 2009 (Tue)   #1
ahawk

Default My Canon PowerShot SD870 IS won't focus.

I have a Canon PowerShot SD870 IS that I have had for about two years. It's been through some rough times (dropped a few times), but it has always functioned properly. One night a friend had my camera and when I got it back in the morning, every picture (distance makes no difference), even the preview for the picture was completely blurry. Is my camera beyond repair, or is there at least something I can try? I have a picture of my camera's display screen pointed at my computer. As you can tell, the computer can barely be made out. The grey dots on the screen were there before the focus issue and didn't affect the actual file.

Link to picture: http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik...disp=inline&zw
ahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 30th of August 2009 (Sun)   #2
Jon

Cocker Spaniel Mod

Default Re: My Canon PowerShot SD870 IS won't focus.

Um . . . No - can't see the picture. I suspect he gave the lens that one-too-many bump though.

Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities

Image Posting Rules
and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote