Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 30 Aug 2009 (Sunday) 11:49
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Only getting half the picture

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
Kent UK
Aug 30, 2009 11:49 |  #1

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but when I try to print off photos my printer prints the second half of the photo on the first half of the paper leaving the second half blank. Has anyone an idea on how to fix this?

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisagefolkestone​.com (external link)

sponsored links
basroil
Cream of the Crop
8,015 posts
Joined Mar 2006
STL/Clayton, MO| NJ
Aug 30, 2009 12:02 |  #2

If you can view the full picture in your computer, then you'll need to start by reinstalling your drivers. You can also try to direct print (if your printer supports it) to see if it is in fact the printer or the software setup.

If you can't view the full image on your computer, buy a new memory card, your current one is busted.

I don't hate macs or OSX, I hate people and statements that portray them as better than anything else. Macs are A solution, not THE solution. Get a good desktop i7 with Windows 7 and come tell me that sucks for photo or video editing.
Gear List

Ronin ­ Silv
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
Kent UK
Aug 30, 2009 12:16 |  #3

I've tried reinstalling the drivers and I can view the full image on my computer, it's not the memory card as I'm printing off the hard drive.

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisagefolkestone​.com (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
Kent UK
Aug 30, 2009 14:59 as a reply to post 8549626 |  #4

I've tried printing off a new card on another computer and printer ans I'm getting the same result both machines are running vista if that has anything to do with it.

Tixeon
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2004
Aug 30, 2009 17:19 |  #5

What is the measurement of the image you're trying to print?
Are you telling the software to print a certain size photo?
What software are you using to send the image to the printer?

This is all useful info...............tw

Tim
______
Any cat owner will tell you -- no one really owns a cat...

Ronin ­ Silv
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
Kent UK
Aug 31, 2009 03:57 |  #6

It does it with all sizes of print and I've tried it with photoshop, lightroom and windows own software all with the same result.

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006
Toronto
Aug 31, 2009 08:43 as a reply to Ronin Silv's post |  #7

Will your printer print out anything else normally, such as a word document or a web page?

GEAR LIST l WEBSITEexternal link

Ronin ­ Silv
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
Kent UK
Aug 31, 2009 08:45 |  #8

Yes everything else prints normally it's just photos it's having problems with.

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006
Toronto
Aug 31, 2009 08:48 |  #9

Ronin Silv wrote in post #8554256external link
Yes everything else prints normally it's just photos it's having problems with.

Are you printing on specialized paper for your photos as apposed to a normal text print on plain paper?

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006
Toronto
Aug 31, 2009 09:22 |  #10

The Ghost of FM wrote in post #8554271external link
Are you printing on specialized paper for your photos as apposed to a normal text print on plain paper?

I ask this because I have an HP 1200 series, 13x19 printer that will print text and pictures perfectly on plain paper but on glossy photo paper, it too starts printing at places on the paper other then where its supposed to. With mine, it seems to be something about glossy media that screws up the feeder/sensor.

Ronin ­ Silv
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
Kent UK
Aug 31, 2009 09:37 |  #11

Cheers for that but it would seem strange if this was so on mine as it is ment to be a photo printer.

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006
Toronto
Aug 31, 2009 09:55 |  #12

Ronin Silv wrote in post #8554484external link
Cheers for that but it would seem strange if this was so on mine as it is ment to be a photo printer.

OK, so the text you said it printed normally was on photo paper or plain paper?

The key here to solving the problem is using a process of elimination.

Ronin ­ Silv
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
Kent UK
Aug 31, 2009 10:07 |  #13

The Ghost of FM wrote in post #8554581external link
OK, so the text you said it printed normally was on photo paper or plain paper?

The key here to solving the problem is using a process of elimination.

On plain I supose I could try printing a photo on plain not glossy see if that works.

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006
Toronto
Aug 31, 2009 10:14 |  #14

Ronin Silv wrote in post #8554629external link
On plain I supose I could try printing a photo on plain not glossy see if that works.

Yes! That would be an important test to see if the issue is media related.

Cheers!

Ronin ­ Silv
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
Kent UK
Aug 31, 2009 14:02 |  #15

After uninstalling all the drivers and then letting windows install them it's self I seem to of fixed the problem.

sponsored links

3,249 views & 0 likes for this thread
Only getting half the picture
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.