Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th of August 2001 (Sun)   #1
ThirdRate

Default firmware update help

Hi all.

I'm trying to upgrade to the lastest firmware. I don't have a card reader, so I need to use the UPLOADFIRMWARE program. When I begin the file transfer, unfortunately, the program does not upload anything but just dissapears from the screen. I format the card each time, so that can't be the problem. Anybody else experience this? I am running Win2000 if it makes a difference.

Appreciate any help.
Thanks!
ThirdRate is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 23rd of August 2001 (Thu)   #2
brmiller

Default Re: firmware update help

I just completed the 1.0.0.0 -> 1.0.0.2 firmware update (with much intrepidation--we leave on vacation tomorrow!) on a Windows 2000 machine and everything went fine. I don't have a card reader either, so I did the UploadFirmware.exe route too, and then followed the instructions for the rest of it.

I'm happy to say it worked for me.
brmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of August 2001 (Sat)   #3
Kevin M

I upgraded with Win 2k without a problem.

Possibly a bit obvious, but is your camera already updated. If it is, there is a red number 1 on the inner face of the battery cover. I assume this is not the case or Firm Update would not be displayed in the camera 'setup menu'. You may need to download the update again and go through the full procedure.

Kevin
Old 28th of August 2001 (Tue)   #4
duncanc

I upgraded from 1.0.0.1 to .2 using a Win2k laptop and no CardReader. No problem at all. Check your camera firmware (use the ZoomBrowser download window) to be sure you are applying the right update. Luck,

Duncan
Old 5th of November 2001 (Mon)   #5
Hanmen

Hi, thirdrate. Unfortunately, I have the same problem as yours. I launched the UploadFirmware.exe program and it did not upload the 1.0.0.2 firmware to my PS G1 camera but just 2KB uploaded. I tried many times and the same. Can anybody teld me wheather the camera's problem? BTW, I'm using Windows 2000.
Hanmen is offline   Reply With Quote