Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Presentation
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th of September 2009 (Mon)   #1
xoot

Default Help with Wordpress! - How to install Lightbox 2.0 to a FREE Wordpress account?

Hi!

Is there anyone familiar with Wordpress? I started a photoblog and I'm trying to figure out a way to install Lightbox 2.0 in to my Wordpress account but I can't seem to figure out How.

I've searched the web and FAQs but all of them offer a guide how to install it via plugins. So here's the problem. Because my Wordpress account is a free one I can't access the FTP. Which means I cannot manually install the lightbox 2.0 folder in to the blog. I found something about installing in a browser with plugins but for some reason my Wordpress' options do not show this Plugins tab.

Can anyone help me with this? I'd really appriciate it.. thank you!
Old 14th of September 2009 (Mon)   #2
darosk
Goldmember

Default Re: Help with Wordpress! - How to install Lightbox 2.0 to a FREE Wordpress account?

I don't think you can. That is a limitation of free wordpress-hosted accounts, I think.
Old 14th of September 2009 (Mon)   #3
xoot

Default Re: Help with Wordpress! - How to install Lightbox 2.0 to a FREE Wordpress account?

Hmm. I was afraid of that. Can anyone confirm?

Silly how it doesn't say anything about plugins or the limitations of your account when you register.
Old 14th of September 2009 (Mon)   #4
dougxt

do you have access to ftp in the free account?
Old 15th of September 2009 (Tue)   #5
xoot

Nope, I don't (think I) have. You get a Wordpress blog made for you to a subdomain under wordpress when you register. I guess easiest way would be to just buy a domain and hosting service?

Though to pay just because of that plugin, I'm not sure... This is more of an hobby anyway. I'd rather spend the $ on camera equipment.

Anyway! If anyone's got any suggestions.. please share! Thanks
Old 15th of September 2009 (Tue)   #6
Seanzky
Goldmember

I, too, use Wordpress but I host my own sites (multiple Wordpress sites under one webhost). Though they're primitive and nothing fancy, I can fully customize it to do what I want because I have full access to my FTP site. You can try doing the same by looking for free webhosts. Some might offer you limited space or monthly traffic/bandwidth but it's better than ads. I don't know of any off hand but I'm sure a little Googling will solve that.