Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > People
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st of October 2009 (Thu)   #1
Redfire_Cobra

Default Some recent work

I have not had much time to post on here lately for a variety of reason but here are a couple from a few different shoots. C&C always welcome!

Tara - Cheerleader

Heather - Senior

I have to give it to Phamster, it's a LOT harder to balance the light in these shots than it looks!

Cameron - Awesome Soccer player!

Amanda and Hailey. Such a cute family!

Redfire_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 1st of October 2009 (Thu)   #2
phamster
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: Some recent work

i like the horse shot

the soccer header is sweet..

and the mother daughter photos are great..

sunsets you have to be ready. also know when to bump iso up as you shoot, because it seems every 3-5 mins.. you have to find another setting quickly.. because the light drops..

so what i try to do is this:

sunsets 101...

beginning of the nice colors in the sky.. find your settings..
shutter and flash power and fstop and iso.

and with in 10 mins.. be ready to drop your shutter speeds in half..

and then in the next 3-5 mins take as many as you can,

then you will have to bump your iso up..
and then bring your shutter speeds up again..
and lower your flash power..maybe fiddle around with your fstop.. and fine tune the settings again..

shoot until the light drops, it is going to be even faster.. like in 2mins or so.

then you can repeat... until you run out of light.

it is fast and hecktic.. but worth it..

Flickr
Facebook
Interview with Mike Panic
phamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st of October 2009 (Thu)   #3
Slaterza

Getting better and better each time. I still would like to see the horizons straight but that is just a pet peeve. Also the skin smoothing is still just a little bit much. 5,7, and 8 are my favorite.
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 2nd of October 2009 (Fri)   #4
Art Rodriguez
Goldmember

Nice series you've posted. I like #4 because without seeing her eyes it looks mysterious. I know, I'm weird But the best of the bunch has to be the last 2 of the mother and daughter.

Art

www.pbase.com/jriggy4439
Art Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd of October 2009 (Fri)   #5
korrektor
Goldmember

so all of them are great but they do have some areas of improvment in my opinion.

1. ahh jumping cheerieaders! love them... and the photo is all right. The pose that she was caught jumping is not too flattering. I would've opened the lens more to create shallow DOF, since the BG is busy. Best jumping shots that I've seen are with much negative space.

2. You went crazy on the eyes here. They are too light. If that's her natural color (vampire? lol) darken them a tad. Her Pupils look small and thus she looks posessed. To create "wider aperture in their eyes", I ask my models to close their eyes for several second and them open them with me taking a shot (of vodka) lol... or turn them away from the sun

the horse shot is awesome.

4 can't see her eyes. I though about it and looked for several minutes at the shot and still - it's woudlve been awesome to have her eyes there uncovered.

5. awesome soccer shot

6. not an awesome soccer shot. too busy plus another player's hand is touching his behind. kinda funny actually

7. ahh this shot great but yo have some craziness going on below the daughter's chin. look closer for details like these while working on you processing

8. lovely and nivcely done.
Old 2nd of October 2009 (Fri)   #6
lebshiff21

Really like the last pics of the mother/daughter.
lebshiff21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd of October 2009 (Sat)   #7
Redfire_Cobra

Thanks for the comments everyone. I agree with pretty much everything that has been said.

The cheer shots were done in a field at 9:30am in full bright sun so we had to retreat to a very small shady area, this was a rushed unplanned shoot for an ad in a program at school. She chose one of the standard cheerleader poses to go in that of course.

#4 was actually going straight to the trash bin but the more I looked at it the more I liked it, if anyone has ever paid attention to my post I am all about eyes usually so this shot is a complete 180 for me. Her and her mom loved it! Of course I have more standard stuff from this shoot I just wanted opinions on this one.

The soccer shots were a blast, it's been a while since I have had a chance to shoot sports so this was a refreshing change. I was there to shoot one kid so I walked away with about 120 or so keepers.

The shots of Amanda and Hailey are by far the best of this set to me and look stunning in print. I think the weird stuff going on under her chin is compression issues in the shadow or something as it's not noticeable on a 12x12 print. Amanda has already mentioned another shoot with just her, I think with her getting used to being in front of the camera and how I work we will have some great shots come from that one.
Her daughter Hailey already loves being in front of the camera, here is one more from her, no posing from me just her being her.

Redfire_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote