Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th of May 2005 (Sun)   #1
Autumn

Unhappy G3 - lcd viewer black only!

I was taking some photos this afternoon, when suddenly the viewer went black and I am unable to see anything.

I can still take and record images AND VIEW them. I just can't view the scene I wish to take, other than via the optical view finder.

I have changed the cf card and the battery is not flat.

I have taken about 16000 images since new. Could it be worn out?

I saw on another thread (which I can't atm locate) that someone suggested the wires on the tilt and turn display may be broken. Could this be so, even though I can view the image I have just shot?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 29th of May 2005 (Sun)   #2
abat

Default Re: G3 - lcd viewer black only!

Autumn,
It may be that you have turned the display off for shooting. The "display" button to the bottom right of the LCD toggles this on and off. When off you can still see your shots in play mode but not when taking them. Hope it's that simple.
abat
abat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th of May 2005 (Sun)   #3
Autumn

Smile Re: G3 - lcd viewer black only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abat
Autumn,
It may be that you have turned the display off for shooting. The "display" button to the bottom right of the LCD toggles this on and off. When off you can still see your shots in play mode but not when taking them. Hope it's that simple.
abat

I was just reading that some other people could view their menu, so I thought I'd try mine and I could. I then remember about the display button (which I never turn off) and hey presto, I can see the image. I must have caught it accidentally.

I was just about to report to the forum when I read your message. Thanks so much for answering me any way.

One happy person will sleep well tonight. Thanks.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 29th of May 2005 (Sun)   #4
abat

Default Re: G3 - lcd viewer black only!

Glad that's all it was. Good to know it's still going strong after 16,000 shots!
abat is offline   Reply With Quote