Canon DSLR Speed Challenge #119 --
Lifted from Dictonary.com
ab⋅stract / adj.
1.thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
2.expressing a quality or characteristic apart from any specific object or instance, as justice, poverty, and speed.
3.theoretical; not applied or practical: abstract science.
4.difficult to understand; abstruse: abstract speculations.
a.of or pertaining to the formal aspect of art, emphasizing lines, colors, generalized or geometrical forms, etc., esp. with reference to their relationship to one another.
Abstract photography can really say many different things to different viewers, to find the picture, or expression, within the subject. Abstract photography can be many things, however I leave the interpretaion all up to you.
Here is an Abstract Photography Google search Link:
Please submit your Abstract images by 6:00 P.M. Pacific time, October23, 2009. Subject matter is entirely the photographer's choice, so lets see your Abstract images and by all means have fun!
This challenge begins when posted, and will end at 6:00 pm Pacific time Friday October 23, 2009. Winner of this challenge will be announced shortly thereafter.
Standard Rules apply:
1. Camera - Any Canon DSLR Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size - Please see the Image posting rules.
4. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & lens used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends - 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time Friday October 23, 2009.
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.