Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > Competitions
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th of December 2009 (Mon)   #16
monty28428
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: Macro DSLR Speed Challenge #52 - Light

Thanks Jason, John and Warl0rd!

Here's a little more detail: I broke the bulbs first by placing them in a paper bag and tapping them with a hammer and used a pair of pliers to clean up the remaining glass. Had the light fixture in a dark room and flipped the switch on to the light and pressed the shutter at the same time.
monty28428 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 14th of December 2009 (Mon)   #17
lavanut

Default Re: Macro DSLR Speed Challenge #52 - Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty28428 View Post
Thanks Jason, John and Warl0rd!

Here's a little more detail: I broke the bulbs first by placing them in a paper bag and tapping them with a hammer and used a pair of pliers to clean up the remaining glass. Had the light fixture in a dark room and flipped the switch on to the light and pressed the shutter at the same time.
Thanks for the details, Monty. I was guessing that might be how you did it. Still getting the image you did took great timing and prep. I think it's SMWYG worthy!

BTW, I didn't realize the Macro DSLR challenge was now a year old. Thanks again for starting this up John. It was a great idea, and like Monty, I love seeing how folks interpret the various themes. I know it's helped me develop my macro skills too!

Warl0rd, thanks for the details on your shot as well. I need to try that fast a shutter on a bulb shot. In fact, you gave me an idea of something to do!