LIST NEARBY THREADS

monty28428
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jul 2007
9,756 posts
Carolina Beach
[MORE/SHARE]

Thanks Jason, John and Warl0rd!

Here's a little more detail: I broke the bulbs first by placing them in a paper bag and tapping them with a hammer and used a pair of pliers to clean up the remaining glass. Had the light fixture in a dark room and flipped the switch on to the light and pressed the shutter at the same time.

Post #16, Dec 14, 2009 17:50:04

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
lavanut
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2007
1,919 posts
Duluth, GA
[MORE/SHARE]

monty28428 wrote in post #9197646external link
Thanks Jason, John and Warl0rd!

Here's a little more detail: I broke the bulbs first by placing them in a paper bag and tapping them with a hammer and used a pair of pliers to clean up the remaining glass. Had the light fixture in a dark room and flipped the switch on to the light and pressed the shutter at the same time.

Thanks for the details, Monty. I was guessing that might be how you did it. Still getting the image you did took great timing and prep. I think it's SMWYG worthy!

BTW, I didn't realize the Macro DSLR challenge was now a year old. Thanks again for starting this up John. It was a great idea, and like Monty, I love seeing how folks interpret the various themes. I know it's helped me develop my macro skills too!

Warl0rd, thanks for the details on your shot as well. I need to try that fast a shutter on a bulb shot. In fact, you gave me an idea of something to do! :)

Post #17, Dec 14, 2009 18:35:44

My Gear List

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,369 views & 0 likes for this thread
Macro DSLR Speed Challenge #52 - Light
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES