LIST NEARBY THREADS

Ralph ­ III
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2009
1,216 posts
Alabama
[MORE/SHARE]

Hello,
I am in the process of getting into photography for extra income and/or future business and have a few questions.

I recently photographed a family who purchased quite a number of prints which will qualify them for a cd. Can anyone recommend a release form that I may provide so they can print future pictures for personal use themselves?

I do not have a business license yet, as more a hobby at the moment. I have however provided photography needs for several sporting events in my area, with business cards and a website. I guess the question is do I retain rights to my pictures as a professional photography business would and what applicable law applies?

What threshold do I reach before I am required to become licensed?

Thanks, Ralph

Post #1, Dec 12, 2009 21:09:38

"SOUTHERN and SAVED!"

POTN Feedback 1 2 3 4 5 6

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
DDCSD
GIVIN' GOOD KARMA
Joined Jun 2007
13,313 posts
South Dakota
[MORE/SHARE]

Where are you located?

Post #2, Dec 13, 2009 17:35:07

Derek
Bucketman Karma Fund
http://photography-on-the.net ...php?p=9903477#post9​903477
POTN FF L2 MadTown Birds

Full Gear List & Feedback

Ralph ­ III
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2009
1,216 posts
Alabama
[MORE/SHARE]

DDCSD wrote in post #9190709external link
Where are you located?

I am located in Alabama. I have printed the following release form on letterhead, as composed from samples on the Internet and local, for myself. Please advise.

---------------

Reproduction Release Form

To Whom It May Concern:

I, --my name-- , as photographer and legal copyright author, owner and doing business as --my-website-- do hereby grant _______________ of _______________ rights to copy, print or reproduce photos as described;

Number of photos ___________, consisting of miscellaneous images, as contained on/within _______________ provided by me. Permission to reprint or reproduce in any fashion is unlimited for customer’s personal usage. No reproductions of photos shall be made for commercial purposes, advertising, resale or contest entry, without prior written consent from --my-name-- of which copyrights remain.

A copy of this document shall be considered adequate proof of release by the printer. Confirmation of such can be verified at --my-website-- or by contacting me at any time if necessary. Customer signature required to validate.

Photographer/Owner: --my name -- Today’s Date:_______________

Signature: _______________

Phone: xxxxxxxxx
Fax: xxxxxxxxx
Email: xxxxxxxxx

Release Number: _______________

Session Date: _______________

Customer Signature: _______________

---------------

This release is strictly for allowing my customers who qualify to reprint pictures as they please (personal usage). It is not meant to gain permission from them in my using their images on my website or commercial usage. I would gain permission via another form if that ever arose.

Thanks,

P.S Another poster (Australian) on another site, stated I should be aware of buildings, landmarks and businesses in backgrounds? As I could suffer suit for having such in photographs? Is this true and if so how does one protect one's self?

Post #3, Dec 13, 2009 18:01:17

"SOUTHERN and SAVED!"

POTN Feedback 1 2 3 4 5 6

DDCSD
GIVIN' GOOD KARMA
Joined Jun 2007
13,313 posts
South Dakota
[MORE/SHARE]

Ralph III wrote in post #9190870external link
I am located in Alabama. I have printed the following release form on letterhead, as composed from samples on the Internet and local, for myself. Please advise.

---------------

Reproduction Release Form

To Whom It May Concern:

I, --my name-- , as photographer and legal copyright author, owner and doing business as --my-website-- do hereby grant _______________ of _______________ rights to copy, print or reproduce photos as described;

Number of photos ___________, consisting of miscellaneous images, as contained on/within _______________ provided by me. Permission to reprint or reproduce in any fashion is unlimited for customer’s personal usage. No reproductions of photos shall be made for commercial purposes, advertising, resale or contest entry, without prior written consent from --my-name-- of which copyrights remain.

A copy of this document shall be considered adequate proof of release by the printer. Confirmation of such can be verified at --my-website-- or by contacting me at any time if necessary. Customer signature required to validate.

Photographer/Owner: --my name -- Today’s Date:_______________

Signature: _______________

Phone: xxxxxxxxx
Fax: xxxxxxxxx
Email: xxxxxxxxx

Release Number: _______________

Session Date: _______________

Customer Signature: _______________

---------------

This release is strictly for allowing my customers who qualify to reprint pictures as they please (personal usage). It is not meant to gain permission from them in my using their images on my website or commercial usage. I would gain permission via another form if that ever arose.

Thanks,

P.S Another poster (Australian) on another site, stated I should be aware of buildings, landmarks and businesses in backgrounds? As I could suffer suit for having such in photographs? Is this true and if so how does one protect one's self?

Looks good to me.

As long as the photos aren't being used commercially, you don't have to worry about landmarks or such.

Post #4, Dec 13, 2009 18:20:09

Derek
Bucketman Karma Fund
http://photography-on-the.net ...php?p=9903477#post9​903477
POTN FF L2 MadTown Birds

Full Gear List & Feedback

LIST NEARBY THREADS
16,141 views & 0 likes for this thread
Photography Print Release
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES