Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Accessories & Storage
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th of June 2005 (Wed)   #1
Rukes

Default Off-Camera Shoe Cord...end to end attachment?

I have a 20D and a 580EX flash. I am planning on getting the Shoe Cord 2 from Canon. Only question is, do they make a shoe cord that can have the ends of the cord attach "stacked" on each other on the camera, so you can "lock" the flash down sort of like if you didn't have a flash cord to begin with? Or are all cords not like that?
Rukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 15th of June 2005 (Wed)   #2
rent

Default Re: Off-Camera Shoe Cord...end to end attachment?

the two ends of the off shoe cord 2 will lock into each other.

however, the end that goes on to the camera is "closed" so you would not be able to stack the other end on top of it, nor can you lock a flash unit on your camera when a cord is attached to the hotshoe.

-alex
rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th of June 2005 (Wed)   #3
Rukes

Default Re: Off-Camera Shoe Cord...end to end attachment?

Better than nothing, but I still would love to find one that is "open" on the top that attaches to the camera, so I can stack it...maybe have the flash mounted on the cord on the camera, then I could press a latch to quick detatch the ends of the cord do do off-camera shooting. I'm beginning to think this is more of a dream product than something that actually exits...
Rukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member