Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Critique Corner
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd of December 2009 (Wed)   #1
waylee89

Default What does POTN think? - C&C

I have recently taken these shots. I would like to have either one of these pictures printed out. What does POTN think?

Thanks!
1)

2)

3)
waylee89 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 23rd of December 2009 (Wed)   #2
SJC from VT
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: What does POTN think? - C&C

I really like #3, though I think the white object on the right is a little distracting. Is it a light house? I think this is a very peaceful scene, and I like the color. The other photos are nice too, but for printing I would go with #3.
SJC from VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd of December 2009 (Wed)   #3
Robert_Lay
Cream of the Crop

So far as I can see in the posted images there aren't any issues with the image files you are planning to print.

I think your dilemma is primarily related to things like printing yourself or having a professional service print them and issues like what color space to use, etc.

You might want to post them in RAW, Post-processing, and Printing, or there may be someone on this forum willing to tackle those issues.

Either way, there is a sticky named FAQ and Important Links which is a great place to start.
Canon Rebel XTi; EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-f/5.6 USM; EF-S 18-55 mm f/3.5-f/5.6; EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Canon Powershot G5; Canon AE1(2); Leica R4s; Battery Grip BG-E3; Pentax Digital Spotmeter with Zone VI Mod & Calibration.

Last edited by Robert_Lay : 23rd of December 2009 (Wed) at 21:52.
Robert_Lay is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 23rd of December 2009 (Wed)   #4
waylee89

thank you! I will post in the RAW, Post-processing, and Printing forum as well!
waylee89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th of December 2009 (Thu)   #5
pickupman92

I believe I'd hang those on my wall any day! LOVELY shots. The first photo looks like something out of one of the first 3 star wars episodes. Forgive me, I've never been to Northern California.

pickupman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th of December 2009 (Thu)   #6
DreDaze
Cream of the Crop

i'd print 3...they are all print worthy...

but if i were you, and i was hanging it in my house, i'd want something that doesn't look a lot like many other S.F. type shots...if you had those hanging, nobody would really know you took it aside from yourself...the third one may have people saying wow, where'd you get that...and you can say i took it, and be all proud...at least that's the way my mind thinks
DreDaze is offline   Reply With Quote