Mu Eugene had started this thread quite a while back, andit intrigued me. So lets do this competition:
One of the classic techniques that provides visual interest is the use of similar shapes in the composition.
If anyone here is familiar with the Japanese filmmaker Yasujiro Ozu, you may be familiar with the concept.
This challenge begins when posted, and will end at 6:00 pm Eastern time Saturday, January 2,, 2010. Winner of this challenge will be announced shortly thereafter.
Standard Rules apply:
1. Camera - Any Canon DSLR Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size - Please see the Image posting rules.
4. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & lens used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends - 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Saturday January 2, 2010.
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.
Links to previous winners