Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 11 Jan 2010 (Monday) 14:32
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

-=1D Mark IV Owners Thread! (it's time)

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
47,719 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Nov 04, 2017 12:08 |  #5911

Wow!!!

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

sponsored links
the ­ black ­ fox
Joined Apr 2009
flint ,north wales .u.k
Nov 06, 2017 17:08 |  #5912

couple of distant kingfisher shots from today

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

canon 1dmkIV, sigma150-600mm.os.sports ,sigma 70-200mm f2.8os, ,lots of other gear to
tried the rest got the best

cheffievrs
Joined Dec 2010
Leamington Spa
Nov 07, 2017 08:46 as a reply to the black fox's post |  #5913

The flight one is superb..

Queens Royal Hussars
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/59499293@N08external link http://500px.com/jswoo​dexternal link

squashed
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2006
MidEastCali
Nov 07, 2017 11:28 |  #5914

HOSTED PHOTO

1D MKIV and a 6D with stuffing...
Sony A6000 added to the mess !
http://www.garyyoungph​otography.com (external link)

BigLobowski
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2012
BC, Canada
Nov 07, 2017 21:29 |  #5915

F/A18 SuperHornet

"The Business End"

HOSTED PHOTO
Photo from BigLobowski's gallery.

- Ken
Gear List | Facebookexternal link | Flickrexternal link | 500pxexternal link | FeedBack |
GreyStoke Photographyexternal link

the ­ black ­ fox
Joined Apr 2009
flint ,north wales .u.k
Nov 08, 2017 12:42 |  #5916

oh dear me ,and words to that effect expressed in true totally pissed off style ,sent my 1D4 back today over the last few weeks I have noticed a deterioration in the A/F abilities and today despite having the birds close I couldn't get it to focus even with the focus spot full on the bird ,6 shots bang on target and all OOF checked target position in Lightroom can even see it on the screen flitting in and out of focus .bolted my lens on to the wifes 7D and took a range of shots near /far/b.i.f etc and 4 out of 200 o.o.f so definitely not the lens ,luckily I had a years warranty on purchase so its been sent back to wex photographic today at there expense .hope they can repair it :-(:-(

canon 1dmkIV, sigma150-600mm.os.sports ,sigma 70-200mm f2.8os, ,lots of other gear to
tried the rest got the best

waterrockets
Goldmember
3,834 posts
Joined Jun 2010
Austin (near TX)
Nov 09, 2017 08:20 |  #5917

the black fox wrote in post #18491929 (external link)
oh dear me ,and words to that effect expressed in true totally pissed off style ,sent my 1D4 back today over the last few weeks I have noticed a deterioration in the A/F abilities and today despite having the birds close I couldn't get it to focus even with the focus spot full on the bird ,6 shots bang on target and all OOF checked target position in Lightroom can even see it on the screen flitting in and out of focus .bolted my lens on to the wifes 7D and took a range of shots near /far/b.i.f etc and 4 out of 200 o.o.f so definitely not the lens ,luckily I had a years warranty on purchase so its been sent back to wex photographic today at there expense .hope they can repair it :-(:-(

Oh that stinks. Hope they sort it quickly for you.

I'm only buying used bodies and lenses these days, and I know I'll get bit at some point, but over my "career," I know I'll net huge savings.

1D MkIV | 1D MkIII | 550D w/grip & ML| EF 70-200mm f2.8L| EF 24-105mm f4L IS | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC | 430EXii | EF 50mm f1.8

Magnus3D
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2010
Gothenburg, Sweden
Nov 09, 2017 12:55 |  #5918

I've been without a camera for a couple of months now because of private issues, then suddenly i stumbled upon this.. a used 1D Mark IV in absolutely mint condition, it has barely been touched with no scratches anywhere on it. As a bonus it had only about 4000 exposures on the shutter. Price was just below 1000 euros. It had to be mine no matter what it takes, so i got it today but haven't had a chance to test it anywhere else but at home. I'm looking forward to test this puppy now. :)

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

/ Magnus

| Lots of cheap camera gear |

DetPenguin
32 posts
Joined Nov 2017
Nov 09, 2017 13:00 as a reply to Magnus3D's post |  #5919

Congrats! 4000 clicks is awesome. Mine is at 100,000 right now, but I haven't been shooting much. Work gets in the way. :-(

Phoenixkh
a mere speck
Joined May 2011
Gainesville, Florida
Nov 09, 2017 17:10 |  #5920

Congrats, Magnus. My second one is like that....but with 75k clicks on it.... not a blemish anywhere. The product photos looked good when I bought it.... but I was shocked to see how perfect it was.

Anyway, congrats again.

Kim (the male variety) Canon 1D IV | 6Dc | 16-35 f/4 IS | 24-105 f/4 IS |100L IS macro | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 100-400Lii | 50 f/1.8 STM | Canon 1.4X III
RRS tripod and monopod | 580EXII | Cinch 1 & Loop 3 Special Edition

Magnus3D
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2010
Gothenburg, Sweden
Nov 09, 2017 17:37 |  #5921

Thanks guys! i'm looking forward to giving it a spin in the coming days if the weather ever clears up.. anyways, from what i can tell now without shooting much with it, it feels a lot more like a baby 1DX than a 5D3, and from what little i've seen on my indoor shots it performs about the same. Yep i shot with the 1DX several times before so i can compare them.

I'll be back.. :)

/ Magnus

jay125
Monkey Shoulder
Joined Dec 2010
Nov 09, 2017 20:29 |  #5922

I purchased mine from a local Minister who was building an addition on to his house for impending twins. I figured that was a safe purchase. Plus I was able to try it out at the time of sale.

gear
feedback

500px.com (external link)

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
Joined Apr 2008
Milo's Meadow - Bloom County
Nov 09, 2017 21:41 |  #5923

Magnus3D wrote in post #18492966 (external link)
Thanks guys! i'm looking forward to giving it a spin in the coming days if the weather ever clears up.. anyways, from what i can tell now without shooting much with it, it feels a lot more like a baby 1DX than a 5D3, and from what little i've seen on my indoor shots it performs about the same. Yep i shot with the 1DX several times before so i can compare them.

I'll be back.. :)

/ Magnus

Why wait until the weather clears up? The 1DMarkIV is made for "weather" ! :-)

Tim

Flickr external link

Magnus3D
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2010
Gothenburg, Sweden
Nov 10, 2017 12:50 |  #5924

That's true! but i want something a little bit more exciting than grey dull skies with rain falling from them infront of my lens. Hopefully i'll be able to shoot some birds tomorrow with the long lens. :)

/ Magnus

Magnus3D
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2010
Gothenburg, Sweden
Nov 12, 2017 13:56 |  #5925

I have been doing some testing this weekend and the camera seems to output a lot of out of focus/missed focus shots. That's not quite what i were expecting.. the hitrate has been about 15-25% only which is pretty awful to be honest. Perhaps i need to spend more time with it and test it on different subjects in different situations with different settings than what i have done so far, but from what i can gather now it's sadly underperforming. :(

/ Magnus

sponsored links

1,217,161 views & 3472 likes for this thread
-=1D Mark IV Owners Thread! (it's time)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.