FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories
Thread started 14 Feb 2010 (Sunday) 03:16   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

WillOPhotos
Joined Nov 2006
456 posts
Perth, Australia
[MORE/SHARE]

Hey guys, Ive just ordered one of these for the purpose of swimming through water with it and being able to photograph at the other side :) was just wondering if anyone on here has experience with these in the water, Ive already heard about the zipper being hard to do up but apparently thats all part of the good sealing, Ive also ordered a Tan Pelican 1500 :) to store the gear in the car but I guess it could be used in water as a back up :)

Post #1, Feb 14, 2010 03:16:46

Hassy H4D-40, Gitzo 3541XLS, RRS BH-55
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/willophotograph​y/external linkwww.williamophuis.com/​blog << add blog for some reason it goes to my main site :)external link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
themadman
Cream of the Crop
Joined Nov 2009
18,860 posts
Northern California
[MORE/SHARE]

I have a Dryzone 100, I haven't swam with it, but I have been in some pretty heavy rain and not a drop gets inside.

Post #2, Feb 14, 2010 04:34:25

Will | WilliamLiuPhotography.​comexternal link | Gear List and Feedback | CPS Member | Have you Pre-Ordered Your 3Dx Yet? | HorusBennu Discussion | In honor of Uncle Steve, thanks for everything! 10-5-2011

WillOPhotos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Nov 2006
456 posts
Perth, Australia
[MORE/SHARE]

cheers bud! good to hear it works kinda :lol:

Post #3, Feb 14, 2010 07:56:52 as a reply to themadman's post 3 hours earlier.

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/willophotograph​y/external linkwww.williamophuis.com/​blog << add blog for some reason it goes to my main site :)external link

FMX
Joined Jan 2010
612 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

SWIMMING with 5k+ in gear????

Post #4, Feb 14, 2010 14:14:31

themadman
Cream of the Crop
Joined Nov 2009
18,860 posts
Northern California
[MORE/SHARE]

FMX wrote in post #9608218external link
SWIMMING with 5k+ in gear????

It is a completely watertight bag according to the manufacturer.

Post #5, Feb 14, 2010 15:31:20

Will | WilliamLiuPhotography.​comexternal link | Gear List and Feedback | CPS Member | Have you Pre-Ordered Your 3Dx Yet? | HorusBennu Discussion | In honor of Uncle Steve, thanks for everything! 10-5-2011

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Cathpah
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2006
4,245 posts
Maine.
[MORE/SHARE]

INSURANCE, INSURANCE, INSURANCE. (don't even contemplate this without proper insurance...)

I used the dryzone 200 for a yearlong trip through south and southeast Asia. You'll want to keep extra lube with you if you plan on going on long trips (to re-lube the zippers), but if you get in a pinch...you can find it at a diveshop. It SHOULD seal out the water, but man oh man, I'd be hesitant to go swimming with your gear.

Post #6, Feb 14, 2010 17:03:46

Fashion + Beautyexternal link | Travelexternal link | Architectureexternal link | Mayhem | Twitter | Facebook | Blogexternal link
the all important tools of the trade
My name is Jeff, and I'm addicted to shadows. "Hiiiiii Jeff."

WillOPhotos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Nov 2006
456 posts
Perth, Australia
[MORE/SHARE]

Yeah will get proper insurance! which I should have anyways! Ill try to keep the gear out of the water as much as possible!

Post #7, Feb 14, 2010 17:57:36 as a reply to Cathpah's post 53 minutes earlier.

Jon

Cocker Spaniel Mod

Joined Jun 2004
68,169 posts
Bethesda, MD USA
[MORE/SHARE]

I thought about (am still thinking about it, in fact) getting a Dryzone before we went to the Galapagos, but decided instead to go with redundant gear, extreme caution getting in and out of the inflatable dinghies, and insurance. Of course I wasn't expecting to go swimming with it, but the extra safety of knowing I had something back on the boat with which I could complete the trip was a great comfort. And for the record, even if they call it a "dry" landing, it can still be very wet. But the Domke came through.

Post #8, Feb 14, 2010 18:06:21

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

LIST NEARBY THREADS
694 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lowepro Dryzone 200
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES