Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets
Thread started 14 Feb 2010 (Sunday) 09:54
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

LET ME SEE YOUR PITBULLS!!!!!

AprilArchambeau
Goldmember
1,055 posts
Joined Mar 2009
Martinsburg, Wv
Feb 21, 2010 01:06 |  #16

Yes there is a huge argument on what is what. Most "back yard breeders" call their dogs American Pit Bull Terriers and I would say 90% are nothing close, they do it so they can get more money or they are just purely uneducated. I have two, one is an Ambully, he is 9 months old and named Tyson, and one American Pit Bull Terrier (rescue mutt but pretty damn close to the standard) named Destiny who is 19 months.

No "really" good pictures, but here ya go :)

Here is the Ambully Tyson

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

And here is the American Pit Bull Terrier (mutt) Destiny :)
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

www.AprilArchambeauPho​tography.comexternal link

5D l Calumet Genesis 400 light kit (2) l 430EX II l 50mm 1.8 l 70-200 f/4L IS l 85mm 1.8 coming soon!

sponsored links
cdpits
Joined Feb 2010
British Columbia
Feb 21, 2010 10:14 |  #17

Whippeticious wrote in post #9641400 (external link)
cdpits, they have a tuck up on them like a whippet, in fact, the side on shot almost looks like you've transplanted the wrong head on a whippet body, very fit, athletic looking dog. Is there whippet in the background of the breed?

No whippet in there LOL, although the whippet is one of my fav breeds!! The high tuck is just something I personally like in the bloodlines I work with. A lot of them just have more of a skin flap across the loin. I like the look & how it accentuates the deep ribcage.

AprilArchambeau, nice looking dogs!

Tyler's Mom, He's handsome, you'd be surprised at how many pitters have bat ears!

bikgc, wow, he is so ripped, almost looks like he has that double muscle thing where the myostatin is inhibited and causes accentuated muscle growth! What kind of exercise does he do other than play?

Here's a couple of the pups, now grown up.

IMAGE: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/cdpits/TessaPups1.jpg

BlackBeard
IMAGE: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/cdpits/BB1.jpg

Black Pearl
IMAGE: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/cdpits/IMG_1770.jpg

Captain Jack
IMAGE: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/cdpits/100_2091_NEW-1.jpg

"Everybody dies, not everybody lives"

blink_72
109 posts
Joined Dec 2009
Bagdad, AZ
Feb 21, 2010 18:39 |  #18

http://farm5.static.fl​ickr.com ...70811759_b6a8031507​_b.jpgexternal link
Link to my dog. Rest are on my desktop. Will get more. Got lucky and found a pure pit (So the Vet said. Didnt know they were pure) on the side of the road. Her and another pup. Couldnt catch the other pup, but I saved this one at least.

Total Chaos Inc.
Gripped Canon 350D, EF 35-80mm, FD 70-210 Macro with adaptor, 350DSLR Flash, Imagination...

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/blinkphotograph​y72/external link

blink_72
109 posts
Joined Dec 2009
Bagdad, AZ
Feb 21, 2010 18:41 |  #19

bikgc wrote in post #9615380 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE

Ive seen this picture on here before...just LOVE your pit.

Total Chaos Inc.
Gripped Canon 350D, EF 35-80mm, FD 70-210 Macro with adaptor, 350DSLR Flash, Imagination...

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/blinkphotograph​y72/external link

bikgc
625 posts
Joined Dec 2009
Roseville, CA
Feb 21, 2010 22:27 |  #20

cdpits wrote in post #9651504external link
bikgc, wow, he is so ripped, almost looks like he has that double muscle thing where the myostatin is inhibited and causes accentuated muscle growth! What kind of exercise does he do other than play?

Honestly, it's mostly playing. I'm sure he's genes have A LOT to do with it, but his dad was not that muscular. He just runs around when he's outside and even inside. I never wanted to put stress on his by making him do certain exercises because when he was a pup his front knee's bowed in words and were weak. The breeder was going to put him to sleep, but he did everything we could to keep him healthy and he turned out bigger and better then ever :)

blink_72 wrote in post #9654082external link
Ive seen this picture on here before...just LOVE your pit.

Thanks man, it was in another Bully thread and Dog Photo.

http://www.viksoos.com (external link)

Reflections2000
342 posts
Joined Jan 2010
Battle Ground WA
Feb 21, 2010 22:48 |  #21

downhillnews wrote in post #9607274 (external link)
Buster at about 1 year!
QUOTED IMAGE

About 4 months!
QUOTED IMAGE

Great photos! Love the pup photo!

I fish because that's what the voices in my head tell me to do.
Gear - Canon 50D, 30D and 10D, 400 L f/5.6, 70-200 L f/2.8, 70-200 L f/4, 28-70 L 2.8, 50 f/1.4, 550EX, 540EZ

cdpits
Joined Feb 2010
British Columbia
Feb 22, 2010 00:44 |  #22

bikgc wrote in post #9655460external link
Honestly, it's mostly playing. I'm sure he's genes have A LOT to do with it, but his dad was not that muscular. He just runs around when he's outside and even inside. I never wanted to put stress on his by making him do certain exercises because when he was a pup his front knee's bowed in words and were weak. The breeder was going to put him to sleep, but he did everything we could to keep him healthy and he turned out bigger and better then ever :)

Great job, he's lucky to have you ! Any more pics of him?

bikgc
625 posts
Joined Dec 2009
Roseville, CA
Feb 22, 2010 01:12 |  #23

HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

These ones below are photos that were not editing at all from a LONG time ago back when I had a Nikon..I'll have to go out back and do a shoot with him one of these days.

HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

http://www.viksoos.com (external link)

AprilArchambeau
Goldmember
1,055 posts
Joined Mar 2009
Martinsburg, Wv
Feb 22, 2010 14:22 |  #24

blink_72 wrote in post #9654072external link
http://farm5.static.fl​ickr.com ...70811759_b6a8031507​_b.jpgexternal link
Link to my dog. Rest are on my desktop. Will get more. Got lucky and found a pure pit (So the Vet said. Didnt know they were pure) on the side of the road. Her and another pup. Couldnt catch the other pup, but I saved this one at least.

I've never heard of a vet refer to a dog as pure, maybe "pure bred". But you will never ever know unless you have papers on it. And I would say at least 85% of the dogs that say American Pit Bull Terrier on their papers, arent.

Pretty dog though! :)

And Bigkc, looks normal sized in those pictures. Its crazy how you get them in some sort of pose that they look huge isnt it? You need to get some pictures of him stacked, I want to see his body. He is absolutely beautiful :)

5D l Calumet Genesis 400 light kit (2) l 430EX II l 50mm 1.8 l 70-200 f/4L IS l 85mm 1.8 coming soon!

canonnewb
39 posts
Joined Apr 2009
Welland
Feb 23, 2010 18:50 |  #25

[QUOTE=AprilArchambeau​;9659592]I've never heard of a vet refer to a dog as pure, maybe "pure bred". But you will never ever know unless you have papers on it. And I would say at least 85% of the dogs that say American Pit Bull Terrier on their papers, arent.

Pretty dog though! :)

I actually thought that as well but we rescued a dog fom Montreal and they said it was boxer/great dane. I did not believe it for a second so the vet did blood tests and was able to tell us the dog is a pitbull/boxer/lab breed.

Canon Xs, Nifty Fifty and 18-55IS
2.53 MB PRO 

kilr95ss
708 posts
Joined Oct 2008
Clanton, AL
Feb 23, 2010 19:17 |  #26

cdpits wrote in post #9629826 (external link)
Here are mine, bred to original standards, the pics aren't that good, which is why I am here, to learn more & get better pictures :)

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

Yes!! Real American Pit Bull Terriers! Where I work, I hear a lot about their gator mouffs or their rednoses, I just look at them and nod :roll:

Charles Spradley
At 180 MPH, Fear Isn't Being Ignored, It Just Hasn't Caught Up Yet.

AprilArchambeau
Goldmember
1,055 posts
Joined Mar 2009
Martinsburg, Wv
Feb 24, 2010 09:57 as a reply to kilr95ss's post |  #27

Yea, alot of people think they have real Apbts, but most don't. I wish the UKC and ADBA would stop allowing that to be put on papers, but all they see is money. Its quite hard to find a "real" Apbt nowadays, but the dogs you just quoted above are and they are gorgeous :)

cdpits
Joined Feb 2010
British Columbia
Feb 24, 2010 11:03 |  #28

Thanks so much for the props on my dogs. It is unfortunate the way that many breeds are going these days all due to greed & the almighty $$. Just look at any classified ads & see all the designer dogs. I have owned this bredd since 1984 and the changes are really sad :(

bigkc, he's very striking looking, he has a great coat & doesn't seem to have the skin issues that come from breeding the wrong way for color.(not saying he was bred that way, after rereading my post I thought it sounded wrong, has to do with breeding the wrong way, He looks like he has great pigment!)

AprilArchambeau
Goldmember
1,055 posts
Joined Mar 2009
Martinsburg, Wv
Feb 24, 2010 13:13 as a reply to cdpits's post |  #29

Yea some might find that offensive, but others that understand the breed and breeding practices understand it. Once the breeder gets those first two blues, its a money making business for color after that. Haven't seen too many owners with blues that work them, its a money making business for them, I get annoyed trying to educate people around here about my "skinny" pit bulls lol.

myoungok
488 posts
Joined Oct 2009
OK - USA
Feb 24, 2010 16:39 |  #30

bikgc wrote in post #9615380 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE

Great pic.... Datsun is saying "Gimmie the damn ball or else".....lol

sponsored links

95,977 views & 193 likes for this thread
LET ME SEE YOUR PITBULLS!!!!!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.