Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > General Photography Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th of February 2010 (Thu)   #1
ofafeather

Default Book help - Kelby's "Digital Photography" set ot Ang's "Fundamentals"

Hi, all. I've read Peterson's "Understanding Exposure"-Fantastic. I really like his writing style, and his photography style. I plan on getting "Learning To See Creatively", also by Peterson. In addition I would like to get either the Kelby "Digital Photography" set or Ang's "Fundamentals". If anyone who has read either or both of these books could chime in-If you could only choose one of the two, which would it be and why? I'm a relative newbie, only shooting for a few months. Thanks.~Eric
Old 28th of February 2010 (Sun)   #2
highdarkness

Default Re: Book help - Kelby's "Digital Photography" set ot Ang's "Fundamentals"

ive been reading fundamentals of photography and its an awesome book teaches alot as well as the science behind it helps u picture the shot before u take it which imo is real important
highdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th of February 2010 (Sun)   #3
Steve Wintrow

Default Re: Book help - Kelby's "Digital Photography" set ot Ang's "Fundamentals"

I have Kelby's set and they are great. They are full of good information that any photographer will find helpful. They have plenty of "how to do it" ideas and many neat tricks and tips that you may not think of but make perfect sense. It is like having a great photographer take you on as your mentor.

Hope this helps.
Steve Wintrow is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 28th of February 2010 (Sun)   #4
ofafeather

I ended up ordering the Kelby set and will pick up Ang's book later.
Old 23rd of December 2010 (Thu)   #5
danpass
Goldmember

Ok to get Kelby Digital Phoography #3 first and perhaps solely?