Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 25 Feb 2010 (Thursday) 16:50
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Book help - Kelby's "Digital Photography" set ot Ang's "Fundamentals"

ofafeather
629 posts
Joined Dec 2009
Ancramdale, NY
Feb 25, 2010 16:50 |  #1

Hi, all. I've read Peterson's "Understanding Exposure"-Fantastic. I really like his writing style, and his photography style. I plan on getting "Learning To See Creatively", also by Peterson. In addition I would like to get either the Kelby "Digital Photography" set or Ang's "Fundamentals". If anyone who has read either or both of these books could chime in-If you could only choose one of the two, which would it be and why? I'm a relative newbie, only shooting for a few months. Thanks.~Eric

Canon 7D, 5D Mark II and some Stuff

highdarkness
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Feb 2010
Feb 28, 2010 08:17 |  #2

ive been reading fundamentals of photography and its an awesome book teaches alot as well as the science behind it helps u picture the shot before u take it which imo is real important

Steve ­ Wintrow
187 posts
Joined Sep 2005
TN
Feb 28, 2010 13:44 |  #3

I have Kelby's set and they are great. They are full of good information that any photographer will find helpful. They have plenty of "how to do it" ideas and many neat tricks and tips that you may not think of but make perfect sense. It is like having a great photographer take you on as your mentor.

Hope this helps.

5DII, 1D Mark IIn, Canon 24-105 L, Canon 28-70 2.8L, Canon 70-200 2.8L IS, Canon 100-400L
Canon 580EX, 430EXII, PW+II, 2-FlexTT5
2-Prophoto Compact 600+PW

ofafeather
THREAD ­ STARTER
629 posts
Joined Dec 2009
Ancramdale, NY
Feb 28, 2010 14:34 |  #4

I ended up ordering the Kelby set and will pick up Ang's book later.

Canon 7D, 5D Mark II and some Stuff

danpass
Goldmember
2,132 posts
Joined Oct 2006
Miami, FL
Dec 23, 2010 18:41 |  #5

Ok to get Kelby Digital Phoography #3 first and perhaps solely?

Dan
Galleryexternal link | Gear/Feedback

1,198 views & 0 likes for this thread
Book help - Kelby's "Digital Photography" set ot Ang's "Fundamentals"
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.