Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > Urban Life & Travel Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th of March 2010 (Fri)   #1
Aleness

Cool Taking pictures of houses

Every time I drive home from work around sunset, I pass some beautiful houses in Beverly Hills. Nothing too fancy, but time and again, some house catches my eye and I wish I had a camera with me.
I was planning to take my camera, a tripod and shoot some HDR photos.
Now, with this photographer being banned from businesses because he was taking pictures of people on public property scandal, I'm wondering if I should expect a similar reaction.
I'm not planning on taking pictures of people, just houses from a sidewalk at the most. I'm not going to even step onto someone else's private property.
While I can understand if people don't want to be photographed on the street, these are just houses and I will even try my best not to record street names, but I don't think it matters.
I think if I could explain to people that I'm working on a small project and their house caught my attention, they might be more lenient to relax and let me take photos.
Any thoughts or comments?
Aleness is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 19th of March 2010 (Fri)   #2
theextremist04

Default Re: Taking pictures of houses

I would say just try not to draw attention to yourself. Go in, take pictures, get out.

Gear - Flickr - Website - Facebook
theextremist04 is offline   Reply With Quote