Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 26 Mar 2010 (Friday) 07:24
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

RadioPopper JRX to PX Help

scobols
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2006
Waconia, MN
Mar 26, 2010 07:24 |  #1

I am trying to trigger my PX receiver, attached to a 580EX II, from a JRX. According to RadioPopper, this is possible and also allows usage of the group dials on the JRX to remotely adjust the power of the flash attached to the PX receiver.

Unfortunately, nothing is working for me.

I have a PX transmitter and receiver, a JRX transmitter and two JRX receivers. I can trigger the PX receiver with the PX transmitter and can also trigger either JRX receiver with the JRX transmitter. What I CAN'T do is trigger the PX receiver from the JRX transmitter.

If any of you have ever done this successfully, please give me a hand and tell me how it's done.

Based on how the PX receiver triggers the flash, I assume the 580EX has to be in slave mode, although I have tried all modes. I don't see how it could pick up a signal if it were in manual mode.

I have been on the phone with RP (one brief call that was interrupted) and they haven't been able to solve the problem yet. However, I am still not convinced I have them set up correctly.

A couple of other notes:

• The PX receiver has just been updated to the latest firmware, 6.06.
  • The PX receiver is configured for Canon mode, not Nikon.
  • Both the PX receiver and JRX transmitter are on the same channel, channel 1.
  • I have tried groups 1, 2 and 3.
Can anyone help?

Thank you,
Scott

www.scottbolster.comexternal link
facebookexternal link

agv8or
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2006
Midwest
Mar 26, 2010 21:19 |  #2

Make sure that your optical window in the receiver is aligned with the wireless sensor on the flash. Sometimes I get in a hurry and slide the receiver into the wrong slot on the base for the flash I'm using.

It sound like what you're doing is correct but you do need to set your 580EXII to slave configuration. It does not matter if the flash is in slave group A,B or C as it is the group in the PX Receiver (1, 2 or 3) that determines which group the JRx Transmitter knobs control. Make sure that your max shutter speed is 1/160 although you can trigger your flash by pushing the on/off button on the transmitter which is handy for setting your flash outputs with a meter. You can also over ride your slave flash by holding the mode button for a couple of seconds. Your JRx Transmitter will still trigger your flash but you'll have to set the power at the flash just as you would if you were using Canons wireless system and over rode the slave.

Sometimes my JRx transmitter locks up. You'll know because you will not be able to power it down. I have to pull the battery and then reinstall it. Power down my transmitter and then fire it back up. It works again after this.

Rand

Gear

1,164 views & 0 likes for this thread
RadioPopper JRX to PX Help
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.