Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 03 Apr 2010 (Saturday) 16:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

YongNuo YN-468

Seanzky
Goldmember
2,879 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 03, 2010 16:52 |  #1

http://speedlights.net …3/yongnuo-468-discovered/ (external link)

YongNuo is starting to really raise the bar when it comes to "cheap speedlights".

IMAGE: http://speedlights.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Yongnuo-YN4682.jpg

Sean | Blog (external link) | Portfolio (external link) | Google+ (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
kayl
389 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Apr 2005

Apr 03, 2010 17:32 |  #2

That looks pretty awesome! :-D

Rocking the SL2 and (mostly) the 24-105 f4 L, 50mm f1.8 STM, and 135mm f2 L along with a few others. Biding my time until a FF upgrade ;)
All of my Gear
Buy/Sell Feedback

elitejp
Goldmember
1,560 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 03, 2010 19:54 as a reply to  @ kayl's post |  #3

The way their putting out new products I dont think it will be too long before they have ettl II capability on wireless triggers for a very small fee.

6D; canon 85mm 1.8, Tamron 24-70mm VC, Canon 135L Canon 70-200L is ii

Seanzky
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,879 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 03, 2010 20:00 |  #4

I just hope these TTL flashes become more and more powerful. So far the YN460 II is the most powerful.

Sean | Blog (external link) | Portfolio (external link) | Google+ (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Flickr (external link)

dontcallmeash
480 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Apr 03, 2010 20:42 |  #5

where can i buy these?

all the links i get when i google it are shady sites that sell gear that reminds me of 1980s soviet SLR's.

Boo-Man
337 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Apr 03, 2010 21:09 |  #6
bannedPermanent ban

^ They are on ebay: http://stores.ebay.com​/hkyongnuophotoequipme​nt (external link)

Looking for: Manfrotto 055XWNB Tripod Legs
FOR SALE: Canon E1 Handstraps

Seanzky
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,879 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 03, 2010 21:11 |  #7

dontcallmeash wrote in post #9927905 (external link)
where can i buy these?

all the links i get when i google it are shady sites that sell gear that reminds me of 1980s soviet SLR's.

These aren't out yet. Rumor say that it will come out April-May. This may be coming for Nikon only or maybe Canon, too. As of now, word is that this is Nikon's version of the YN467 (a Canon only YongNuo flash without an LCD display.)

Selbosh
78 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 04, 2010 07:17 |  #8

seanzky wrote in post #9928032 (external link)
This may be coming for Nikon only or maybe Canon, too. As of now, word is that this is Nikon's version of the YN467 (a Canon only YongNuo flash without an LCD display.)

There will be Canon and Nikon versions of both lights. The YN-467 for Nikon is coming out around the same time as the YN-468, which will be released for Canon first. The YN-468 for Nikon will be released after that. Expect all this around mid-April to May.

I asked why the Nikon versions came second, and the person from the company said the Canon units seem to be more popular, so they get tested first.

The company confirmed they are working on a TTL trigger, but couldn't give any details.

Editor, Lighting Rumours (external link)

rahn
131 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 07, 2010 12:26 |  #9

I asked the eBay seller and he says that it'll be out at the end of April... no price yet

the koval-kim portfolio (external link)
FOR SALE : Think Tank Airport Addicted 2.0 Backpack | Manfrotto 75mm Short Half Bowl (external link) | 77mm Fader ND

jcarp618
317 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 07, 2010 12:41 as a reply to  @ rahn's post |  #10

hmmm dont know if i should get the 467 or wait for the 468!!:confused:

rahn
131 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 07, 2010 12:42 |  #11

jcarp618 wrote in post #9950770 (external link)
hmmm dont know if i should get the 467 or wait for the 468!!:confused:

End of April is only 2 weeks away :D

FOR SALE : Think Tank Airport Addicted 2.0 Backpack | Manfrotto 75mm Short Half Bowl (external link) | 77mm Fader ND

jcarp618
317 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 07, 2010 14:34 |  #12

rahn wrote in post #9950779 (external link)
End of April is only 2 weeks away :D

haha good point. wish we had an estimate of the price though... cant be too expensive but still

rahn
131 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 07, 2010 17:26 |  #13

jcarp618 wrote in post #9951461 (external link)
haha good point. wish we had an estimate of the price though... cant be too expensive but still

I'm in the market for a really cheap flash (since I'm in video, didn't want to spend too much on flash) and I'm probably going cross my fingers, hope it's not too expensive, and wait it out for this one. Under $120 sounds perfect to me.. hopefully that's what it is.

jcarp618
317 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 07, 2010 18:53 as a reply to  @ rahn's post |  #14

lets hope so. i mean the 467 is one step down and thats like 89 i believe(or something like that) so these cant be too much more for the addition of an lcd

rahn
131 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 08, 2010 00:03 |  #15

If someone gets news of its pricing and more details please post here!

sponsored links

168,433 views & 0 likes for this thread
YongNuo YN-468
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.