borderless printing from photoshop, Canon Pixma

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 13 Jul 2005 (Wednesday) 14:10   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

AjP
Joined Jun 2005
813 posts
DFW, US
[MORE/SHARE]

hey guys, it might be really stupid question but I''m having problems to print borderless pictures from photoshop and I'm wonder if there is a way to do that instead always using Easy-Print application that came with printer
I have Canon Pixma ip 5000, just got and still learn all the functionality

thanks a lot

Post #1, Jul 13, 2005 14:10:13

"Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still."
AjP Photographyexternal link | SportsShooterexternal link| WPJA Memberexternal link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
wolverinesr1
Goldmember
Joined May 2004
1,554 posts
S.E. Michigan
[MORE/SHARE]

when clicking print in photoshop,it brings up another window with your printers name in it.right next to the name click properties and another set of tabs will popup.first is main this is where you select the paper type.on the next tab called page setup this is where you put a checkmark for borderless prints.then click ok and ok.

Post #2, Jul 13, 2005 17:44:41

Jeff

Canon 7D, Canon 24-70 2.8 L, Canon 70-200 F4 L, Sigma 150-500 DG OS f 5-6.3 ,Canon EF 50mm 1.4 , Kenko 1.4 TC, Canon Speedlite 580 EX

tim
Light Bringer
Joined Nov 2004
49,511 posts
Wellington, New Zealand
[MORE/SHARE]

Good tip Jeff. I just use the printing software that came with the printer, but i'll try doing it from photoshop now :)

Post #3, Jul 13, 2005 18:34:04

NZIPP Qualified Professional wedding photographer.
Wellington Wedding Photographerexternal link ~ Camera and Lens Reviewsexternal link ~ Photographers Tech Supportexternal link
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

mak8ce
Joined Jul 2005
201 posts
St. Louis, MO
[MORE/SHARE]

In photoshop go to page setup option after you have hit print. It will allow you to choose papersize borderless or not etc. Becareful because it usually defaults to the center of the page so sometimes I have to play with it to change the printing space for instance if I will be printing another pic on the bottom of a half used 8 1/2 x 11 page.

Don't worry that is NOT a stupid question it took me a bilion time to figure it out by myself with many mistakes. Just take your time. Hope that helps.

Post #4, Jul 13, 2005 18:39:54

Canon 30D
17-85mm IS
Canon 300D, 18-55mm (kit lens), 75-300mm f4/5.6, 28-105mm f3.5/4

LIST NEARBY THREADS
2,212 views & 0 likes for this thread
borderless printing from photoshop, Canon Pixma
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES