Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > Glamour & Nude Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th of May 2010 (Fri)   #1
AprilArchambeau

Default Where to print photo books with nude photos?

I have some semi nude photos I did for a friend for her boyfriend's birthday, I checked out Mpix and planned on calling to ask them, but the photo books are out of her price range, I am not sure if shutterfly or a place like that would print those types of photos or not, she is trying to stay under $50 for the book

Any ideas? Thanks!

5D l Calumet Genesis 400 light kit (2) l 430EX II l 50mm 1.8 l 70-200 f/4L IS l 85mm 1.8 coming soon!
AprilArchambeau is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 9th of May 2010 (Sun)   #2
CalPiker

Default Re: Where to print photo books with nude photos?

Try Blurb, they have some good pricing on books and even offer free software for you to use if you want.

Here's a link to their pricing:
http://www.blurb.com/create/book/pricing

Can I take your picture? "I'll swallow your soul!" Well, my camera will at least.
CalPiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th of May 2010 (Sun)   #3
AprilArchambeau

Actually talked to Shutterfly . They will print them, I will check out that website though, thanks so much

5D l Calumet Genesis 400 light kit (2) l 430EX II l 50mm 1.8 l 70-200 f/4L IS l 85mm 1.8 coming soon!
AprilArchambeau is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 7th of September 2011 (Wed)   #4
LauraNn

I don't understand, why wouldn't they print nude photos? Especially since nude photos can be really artistic, it baffles me how they would refuse a customer like that. I only used one company for creating and printing photo books, it's called Red-Fly, but I was really happy with their products I think I will ask them if they would print nude photos, just because I'm curious of the answer.
LauraNn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th of September 2011 (Wed)   #5
tfiorda

I've been turned down because I had some lingerie shots in a brochure, the bathing suit images were okay though. The printer as it turned out was a devout churchgoer and was highly incensed that I had women in the underwear! I just found another printer. It takes all kinds to make a world and not everyone has the same opinion as you may on nudity.
tfiorda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th of September 2011 (Wed)   #6
LauraNn

You're right about people having different opinions on nudity, still I feel like when it comes down to business it's good to put those opinions aside and not be judgmental. I'm glad that you found a company that would print them though
LauraNn is offline   Reply With Quote