Where to print photo books with nude photos?

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk
Thread started 07 May 2010 (Friday) 22:35   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

AprilArchambeau
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2009
1,050 posts
Martinsburg, Wv
[MORE/SHARE]

I have some semi nude photos I did for a friend for her boyfriend's birthday, I checked out Mpix and planned on calling to ask them, but the photo books are out of her price range, I am not sure if shutterfly or a place like that would print those types of photos or not, she is trying to stay under $50 for the book

Any ideas? Thanks!

Post #1, May 07, 2010 22:35:49

www.AprilArchambeauPho​tography.comexternal link

5D l Calumet Genesis 400 light kit (2) l 430EX II l 50mm 1.8 l 70-200 f/4L IS l 85mm 1.8 coming soon!

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
CalPiker
Joined Oct 2009
397 posts
33° 36' 26", -117° 55' 45"
[MORE/SHARE]

Try Blurb, they have some good pricing on books and even offer free software for you to use if you want.

Here's a link to their pricing:
http://www.blurb.com/c​reate/book/pricingexternal link

Post #2, May 09, 2010 02:59:59

Gear List
Can I take your picture? "I'll swallow your soul!" Well, my camera will at least.

AprilArchambeau
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2009
1,050 posts
Martinsburg, Wv
[MORE/SHARE]

Actually talked to Shutterfly :). They will print them, I will check out that website though, thanks so much :)

Post #3, May 09, 2010 11:54:24

www.AprilArchambeauPho​tography.comexternal link

5D l Calumet Genesis 400 light kit (2) l 430EX II l 50mm 1.8 l 70-200 f/4L IS l 85mm 1.8 coming soon!

LauraNn
Hatchling
Joined Sep 2011
3 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I don't understand, why wouldn't they print nude photos? :confused: Especially since nude photos can be really artistic, it baffles me how they would refuse a customer like that. I only used one company for creating and printing photo books, it's called Red-Fly, but I was really happy with their products :D I think I will ask them if they would print nude photos, just because I'm curious of the answer.

Post #4, Sep 07, 2011 14:20:42 as a reply to AprilArchambeau's post over 1 year earlier.

tfiorda
Joined May 2005
115 posts
Atlanta, GA USA
[MORE/SHARE]

I've been turned down because I had some lingerie shots in a brochure, the bathing suit images were okay though. The printer as it turned out was a devout churchgoer and was highly incensed that I had women in the underwear! I just found another printer. It takes all kinds to make a world and not everyone has the same opinion as you may on nudity.

Post #5, Sep 07, 2011 15:44:55

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
LauraNn
Hatchling
Joined Sep 2011
3 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

You're right about people having different opinions on nudity, still I feel like when it comes down to business it's good to put those opinions aside and not be judgmental. I'm glad that you found a company that would print them though :)

Post #6, Sep 07, 2011 15:55:09 as a reply to tfiorda's post 10 minutes earlier.

LIST NEARBY THREADS
8,792 views & 0 likes for this thread
Where to print photo books with nude photos?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES