|13th of June 2010 (Sun)||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2010
A1100IS ISO changing problem
Just bought a Canon A1100 IS and, on looking at the manual instructions for changing the ISO settings, I see I need to press Function Set then use the up/down arrows to select ISO Auto. When I press the up/down arrows I can only move between the quality settings and continuous shooting. The up/down arrows won't take the option up to the ISO Auto icon.
I tried this on my Canon A710 IS and am able to select the ISO Auto but not with the A1100 IS. I have tried to access the ISO Auto setting whilst the camera is in Auto mode and also in landscape, portrait etc.
Is it me or is there a problem with the camera?
Thanks for all help.
|13th of June 2010 (Sun)||#2|
Join Date: Jun 2010
Re: A1100IS ISO changing problem
Found it now folks.
Though I didn't see it in the downloaded manual, I find on the Canon Support site that the A1100 IS camera has to be in P mode to change the ISO setting. That is not the case with the A710 IS.
* As the actual locations of buttons / switches on cameras vary depending on the camera model, the illustrations that appear on this page may differ from your camera.
* Screens or menu listings may differ depending on the camera model being used.
* The following explanations are provided based on the assumption that the [Shooting Mode] is set to [Program AE] ().
* To set the [ISO Speed], it is necessary to set the [Shooting Mode] to one of the following modes.
- [Program AE] (), [Long Shutter] () in [SCN] ().Ends.
This may help someone else who has the same issue.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Canon G11 problem ... changing settings||Tpsfoto||Canon G-series Digital Cameras||4||22nd of February 2010 (Mon) 20:19|
|error message on A1100IS||jimrich||Small Compact Digitals by Canon||6||17th of February 2010 (Wed) 00:44|
|Changing aperture in M mode *special problem*||infinite012||Canon EOS Digital Cameras||18||28th of September 2008 (Sun) 10:41|
|Problem with changing light||jack Sparrow||General Photography Talk||4||16th of February 2008 (Sat) 20:52|
|Anyone else having a problem changing sigs?||Radtech1||Forum Talk||11||23rd of December 2007 (Sun) 01:12|