Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The Business of Photography
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th of July 2005 (Fri)   #1
ATPL

Default Photography courses?

Hi,
I live in South Essex, England. does anyone know of any institutions that do photography courses. Covering subjects, such as Glamour,Weddings etc? And has anyone gone along to a wedding say, and just observed a pro at work. Or is it taboo to do something like this?

Many Thanks

Dave
ATPL is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 2nd of August 2005 (Tue)   #2
PhotosGuy

Default Re: Photography courses?

Quote:
And has anyone gone along to a wedding say, and just observed a pro at work. Or is it taboo to do something like this?
Why would it be? Can't help with UK schools, but are there any pros near you that could use some free assistance? You could volunteer. Other than that, there's a lot of free instruction on the i-net, including here in the "Sticky"s. Shoot a lot & try different things. Learn how to use the manual settings. Push yourself.

Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?

New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1280 pixels on any side.
PhotosGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th of October 2006 (Thu)   #3
dawnrogers

Default Re: Photography courses?

I'm doing a City and Guilds course but I'd guess that if you want actual hands on experience, then write to all your local photographers and offer to assist them free at weekends you might get lucky.....some one I know did that and got 2 offers but they were both creeps !
dawnrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member