Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > Performing Arts
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th of August 2005 (Sun)   #1
xtrpureguts

Default First Concert shots - Jerry Joseph

One of my favorite song writers - Jerry Joseph - was playing near by last week. Decided to venture out of my comfort zone (sports) and give the dimly lit stage a try. Have now found something more dificult than shooting indoor basketball at a local gym with no flash. Following are a few shots of Jerry on guitar and Adam Sorenson on drums. Any feedback would be appreciated.....Don

xtrpureguts is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 9th of August 2005 (Tue)   #2
Big_B
Cream of the Crop
Honorary Moderator

Default Re: First Concert shots - Jerry Joseph

Pretty good for a first go

I should say that haven't ever tried this sort of photography, but here are some general comments anyway.

Firstly, you seem to have been having difficulty with your white balance. I'm a JPEG shooter normally, but would recommend that you shoot RAW in these sort of conditions as it gives you much greater scope to correct any WB problems after the event.

Secondly, it seems that you were having difficulty getting a clear shot - particularly of the drummer. Its a shame actually because the second photo would have been brilliant if you'd zoomed out a little and had a clear shot.

Hope this helps